Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 29 - How much is the Book of Mormon?

Happy bday fatty! :] I really don't know how old anyone is anymore... -_-
What a needed week. AWESOME.

Last Monday we went out with a member who took us out to eat (at CHILIS :D FTW!) where she has recently been coming back to church. Her life is very rough to say the least and she told us a lot of what was going on. She told us when we called that it got her spirits up. We had a really good talk with her and she seems to be doing better and we'll give her a blessing when she wants one. The church is true.
We were taken out to Chilis! First time I've been there since the morning before I left to the MTC. Awesome.
This is Sister El Cheikh. She's so awesome. She bought us a Cholocalte Molten Cake. OH.
ALSO, a lady called us last Monday while we were playing bball for pday sports and said that her son is coming down and needs more God in his life basically. We had a good talk with her on the phone and met with her later that day. She's very accepting and has a baptism date! She asked "how much is a Book of Mormon?" BOSS. That just means you know they are interested. We've taught her a couple times so far and she has been attached to the lessons and we meet her at the dog park in the mornings. It's been such a cool experience as we've been praying for someone that we can teach to progress towards the waters of baptism. We were then called by Christie this day and then got in contact with "Dave" last Tuesday - a big awesome black dude who was a marine.

Dave is a referral from a sick/good member who said he wanted a blessing. The blessing talked a lot of about 'service within this church' and was quite an inspired blessing. Before we extended a baptismal date, he said, "I'm going to go over there and join the Mormon church." uhm. Holy heck yeah. He had heart surgery last Thursday through a catheter (TMI) and was out the next day. We're excited for his progression and he's incredibly solid. We'll probably have to hit the weights before we dunk him though haha. What a blessing.

Christie texted us one day and said her son said he'd "pray everyday" and also that he's thinking clearly now even after being a huge drug addict. We're excited to work with him. Miracles always happen, we just have to realize them!

One day while visiting a member, we saw 3 people 'signing' to each other. There's a set of ASL Elders in our district that we'll probably be fasting for here soon, so with my 1 years worth of Sign Language I took I HS, I attempted to talk to them....oops. After talking/signing/looking at their crazy hands...we got to the point where we found out one was catholic and one was Mormon! We'll have the ASL Elders check them out this next week. Feels good to not speak English haha. 
This is what the deaf guy wrote in my planner after not understanding his signs..
I've been keeping some quotes from my comp. hahah he's freakin' funny, probably because he's from Samoa:

-"At your wedding I'm going to spice all your drinks."
-*Thunder* "Wow. It must be the angels farting."
- "If I go AP, the church is not true."
- "Can you name your son Lucifer so he can get ex-communicated?"
-If there was reincarnation, what would you comeback as? I would be a tree."
-"Drunk people and babies are the most honest people."
is really has no relation to Tucson...but whatever.
hahaha he's very random, but it brings a good laugh haha. We also wrote a poem one night:

THE ATM

There's this place down here in the ATM.
Where Elder A. and I will rap like Eminem.
Le' go.
We wake up some days at 5 o'clock.
\Right out of bed, put on the Armor of God.
Exercise and study, let's prep for the day.
Time to bike around and hear what they say.
Ten or twenty miles, maybe go a few more.
Just follow the spirit for what God has in store.
You're new to Arizona? Welcome to AZ!
You say you want to party? "Have to go through me!"
Biking and singing that "we understand."
His "Army of Helaman" will do the Lord's command.
All of us are part of one inspired family.
The potential we all have while on our hands and knees.
Two years of our life we give a simple sacrifice.
A small price to pay for their eternal paradise.

It was a good week for us this past week and God answered our prayers. 
Anyone recognize Sister Jones? (family) We ate with them last night and the first things she asked me was, "Are you from Layton?" Her Sister Amy Squires is best friends with my Sister Jolie and pretty sure she babysat me.....so awesome! It was awesome to talk to her bout everything and was funny to ask her, "So how's my family?" haha. Gooood times. They're in our Ward! 

Nehemiah 8:10 
2Nephi28:30

-If we look for faults, we will find them. We're imperfect people striving for perfection. Look for the good in people and our good will become more noticeable and influential.

These phrases and what not usually come to me during church...figured that's a good place to throw some words to together haha.

My comp. says Audi's are better than BMW's....oh man, it's been on since day 1.
Surrounded by UofA stuff EVERYWHERE. -_- 
I love you all! Thanks for the support and everything. Can't thank everyone enough (if you can't tell haha) but the support is just awesome.

Crap time to go.

I really love being able to serve this mission. It has simply opened my eyes to so many things. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing since I know this is the LORD's work and not mine. I've learned to try and "pray as if everything relies on the Lord. Work as if everything relies on us." . It's crazy to think that the gospel will be taught to the world before the 2nd coming and that our tools like Facebook and computers will be involved with missionary work...so we can teach people literally every part of the world. Love this gospel with my whole heart and don't know what I would do without it. There's no coincidences in God's eyes because he know's who we are. I love him with my heart and am grateful for our Savior's everlasting sacrifice that we can relate to in all situations. Sure to love my family, friends, and this Gospel. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: