Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Week Before the Missionary Training/Torture Center

Well....holy crap.

Yá'át'ééh - hello!

The first blog post :]....the 'beginning'

Since there is a week before I leave for the MTC, figured I would do a post since my family will be doing the rest of the 'blogging' whenever I send pics/messages home and all that :D

Feel free to check out my sister's blogpost about the farewell weekend with our friends and family:
(took a few pics from her blog) - her blogs are pretty awesome.

Also feel free to check out Jolie's youtube channel about a few things about what Mormons believe. Pretty slick
http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonsBelieve/videos?view=0&flow=grid

This Past Sunday, the 27th, made me realize again and again how blessed all of us really are...it's just incredible. Count the little things in life!!

Family flew in town this weekend to say our 'peace out' for two years. CB flew in on Friday night with Jo coming in Sat. afternoon. James/Jimmy met us in SL for lunch after we picked Jo up!
..also said bye to the hair for two years..
Last time the family will be together for two years and maybe more. Change.

We walked around City Creek and ate at Cheescake Factory :D definitely didn't think a restaurant like that existed in Utah haha. AWESOME.



Thanks to a secret friend of mine who videoed my farewell...hehe...here's a lil clip. :] Thanks again...you know who you are..

Farewell talk went great, definitely said more things than what was on my talk. Was feeling 'inspired' whiling talking.
Wish I could do it again.

Had a good turn out, thank you for everyone that came!

Screw smililng.

Let's compare weather :D
SLC:

 Tucson:
Yup, can't wait. Get me out of here.


My mission boundaries...hello Indians and Mexicans.

13 Stakes total.


Thank you again to everyone that came out and supported me on Sunday at my farewell. I'm grateful for everything all of you have done for me and it hasn't gone un-noticed.
Definitely many people I am going to miss...
Still weren't able to get a picture with everyone, but we took a bunch.






 Last time chillin' with the 'Davis Crew' for two..

A very hard goodbye to our Gramps. He may not be here when I get back, but he'll get to be with Grandma again.
:)
Thank goodness for the church.

My couz Taylor whom I spent half my childhood with. :D

Bishop I'm sure appreciated this picture..heheh




Thank you again for supporting me everyone, it has meant a lot to me. Can't wait to serve the people of Tucson as I know it's where I'm supposed to be. If anyone wants to write me in Arizona, I will be in the MTC for TWO weeks...thankfully.



  • Will have any new addresses updated to blog FYI if they change. 
  • You can email me at my mission email, dallin.hales@myldsmail.net, but chances are one hour on the computer each week will FLY by so written letters are preferred. :] ...old school... I know. -_-


MTC address (Feb. 6 - 20):
Elder Dallin Joseph Hales
MTC Mailbox #79
AZ-TUC 0218
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793


Arizona Mission Address for letters and packages:
(they can forward me packages the same day if it is sent via USPS) 

Elder Dallin Joseph Hales 
939 W. Chapala Drive
Tucson, AZ 85704 - 4516
United States


All of the other posts will be posted by my family of my pictures, videos, and messages I send home. Luckily it shouldn't take too long to get pictures back home.

Thank you so much everyone. This church is great, and it's definitely true. 


"And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convince them of the error of their ways." 

- D&C 6:11

Be the best you can.


Hope to hear from everyone!!


See you in two!


PeAcE oUt.

God is good.

6 comments:

Brian Hales said...

I am missing you already!

James Hales said...

Hurry up and leave.

Elder Dallin Joseph Hales said...

You're stupid.

Christy said...

I love love LOOOOOVE this blog idea. You can print it when you get home and have a missionary blogbook. YA!!

PS. I have some pics on my camera of your farewell, and of our entire family too. :) I have been too busy, I will post some soon too.

Tracy said...

Love you to pieces Dallin! I am going to miss you but know you will be near and...warm!!!

Elder Dallin Joseph Hales said...

Awesome. :) I might steal some and put them on here. :D