Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 13 - My companion is on his last week on his mission.


What's up reality!
 
This past week was pretty descent as my comp. is on his last week on his mission. Pretty insane stuff.

"Bloom where God plants you." haha we thought this was appropriate.
We got a call from a member who had someone recently get out of jail and wanted us to talk to him that day, his name is Ryan and he's awesome. At the time we had a lesson with a couple other investigators, so I we went on splits with the Spanish Elders and it was very awesome. Their names are Samantha and Ernest and we tracting into them like 95% of our investigators. Sam was actually the one who worked on my teeth down here hahahah small world....or town. The first lesson they didn't open up to much and so I was hoping and praying all would work out. The lesson was very spirit driven and we all had a good laugh and they opened up to us. Being lead by the spirit, we got them both BD's for June 8th! They're going down to Disneyland otherwise we'd have it earlier. Can't wait! They were a house we did an 'appointment with the Lord' and I felt impressed to tract the rest of that street....we talked to Ernest and then finally went back. If you don't follow the promptings we receive, no matter how small, special opportunities will pass....and it blows.
 
Genesis 31:36 hahahah. I'm mature.
 
One night we had a LARC see us then go inside, another family who we made eye contact with on two different days then they got up and went into another room and turned off the lights, then having others ignore, it's been a week of learning, just like every week in our lives.
 
I'm officially 1/15 through the bible....FTW.
 
I've been on quite a few exchanges with the Spanish Elders, and am learning as much Spanish as possible...although earlier today we had the same girl who had a 5 minute conversation with me in Spanish knock on our door and started going crazy in Espanolo and then gave us some OJ....well thanks! I hope "Mucho gracias hermana! Thank you! *sign 'thank you' in sign language" was appropriate hahah. One day I'll be able to communicate!
 
Another time we had to translate a blessing I was giving to a sick lady, it was different, but it's just more motivation for learning Spanish. My P-blessing says "gift of tongues" which doesn't mean another language, but I'm hoping I'm helped along the way and know it's possible.
 
Apparently they do bombing near here in the desert for the military for practice because it's the closest thing to Iraq as they can get hahaha. Go Deming.
Next week's email will be probably on Tuesday because of transfers! Very anxious and stoked to see what happens. We know that at least 2 Elders are being transferred, not including my companion Elder Flint leaving.

Although we counted about 12 active families within our ward, the member missionary work is not really there, but we are doing everything we can. The members love us which we are greatful for and are willing to try things out.
 
There's things like plants called "jumping choya" that make things interesting...we haven't seen any (yet) but once you get poked by a jumping choya, it attacks you and literally jumps at you....so trippy! "Everything here is either dead or wants you dead." Fair enough.
We also went to the temple last Friday which was 'dope'. It was fun to see places where Christy/Ben lived! I laughed when I saw the Walmart because it was something my sister 'got ready' for because there wasn't a whole in that town hahah. It was weird that people acknowledged us as Elders and liked to talk to us! Safford highest members for an area in our whole mission, so it'll be different when I eventually hopefully serve there!

the only temple in our mission, luckily it was only a couple hours from Deming. So nice to do a session.
We're going running everyday this week!
 
D&C 122:7 "All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for they good."
D&C 123:17 "let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power."
 
Life is good.
 
Peace out errybody! :]
 
just fyi
 
Elder Dallin Hales
Arizona Tucson Mission
939 W. Chapala Drive
Tucson, AZ 85704-4516
 
Love ya'll!

No comments: