Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 84 - #unclestatus

So this morning I went to put my contacts in.....and my contacts and the solution were not in the container....the heck? Super delirious after that.


Congrats to my Christy and Ben to their first lil' kid and first one for our FAMILY!!!!! #unclestatus Man. It's been on my mind and in my prayers recently, and now he's here! I can't wait to hold him and spend time with him!!! Little Bentley!!! (or BMW) :D



Besides the fact of miracles of babies, miracles still came to us this past week! We have been SO blessed for all that's been happening in our zone, I just hope and pray it keeps going this great.




Our Zone Meeting went really well. The spirit was there and guided all of us in our zone on what to say and train on. In preparation for our zone meeting, we were trying to figure out what last thing the zone needed to have a training on....it was the hardest training to come up with than any other one for some reason. After praying, my companion turns to me and says, "Elder Hales, you need to share with us something you've learned about diligence on you mission...." along with other things. The spirit was suuuper strong when he told me that.....I got a flashback to Dave, Todd, and other miracles that I've been fortunate enough to see on my mission.

Doing a role play for part of our ZM! 


At the end of our ZM and testimonies, I shared 3 scriptures as part of it: Jacob5:72--->Alma 29:10---->D&C64:32-34 and the spirit was strong. Elder Lahtinen shared his testimony on accountability and referenced me how I've been able to help him. It was a very humbling experience. I won't lie, I felt a little bit uncomfortable, but the spirit was there and the feedback we had was that it was remotivating for our missionaries. At first we talked about finding with everyone and the faith, trust, and skills/tools that are used in it. I learned a lot, and my eyes have been opened that much more. Weirrrrd.



We did exchanges this past week and I went to Elder Ontiveros/Bryants' area. We did an appointment with the Lord! While driving to the area we prayed about, we saw a YSA girl walk into her house. We walked around the entire block until we came back to that house and turns out, that was the one God wanted us to visit! There was a single mom and her....roommates...who may be lesbian, but nonetheless, the Gospel blesses everyone. Elder Ontiveros is a stud and both areas had cool things happen!

At the Schell's home - a returning family!

Kellie has a baptism date!!!! She basically set it for herself. You know why? Because she read a ton in the BOM!! She said she'd give up nicotine and tea soon enough for her baptism. Holy awesome. She came to church and loved it still! Her BD is for Sep. 27th!!! Andreas also came to church, a YSA who has a kid that we contacted on the street. He asked some interesting questions in sunday school, like, "What priesthood is the Catholic church under?"....it took a different turn as he said he can't deny the Pope haha. But he's coming and he enjoyed church!


The Rabe's came to church too! He said "it was like I never left" because he felt at home. I love that family to death. The first time he's been to church in 10+ years. They are just one of those families that you feel like you're supposed to meet.


Donna's BD dropped :( she also doesn't want a visit for a while....I wouldn't call Satan my BF.


There was a couple Sisters in our zone that we were able to give blessings too. One of them went to the ER too! Luckily they're all feeling better and the work will go again!


It was another great finding week for us this past week, and the people we taught aren't ready for baptism, but they are ready to learn more. One of them is Stephanie! When we talked to her, she brought up some 'anti' type stuff and showed us her anti Book of Mormon video.....joy. The lesson was back in forth in the bible until we finally were able to bring the spirit and commit her to prove the Book of Mormon right, before you prove it wrong. We aren't going back for another week or so, but it wasn't contentious which was great. You must be willing to listen! The less excuses you have, the more humility is upon you. That is great to have when people spit anti stuff at you, like a man who was native American did to us this past week while we were contacting someone.


Today for PDAY we're doing "Zone Olympics" where we have multiple events set up for each district to compete against each other! haha! We have medals, team names and posters, and the winner gets to use their poster idea and we'll make a shirt out of it for them! We never have any time on PDAY's!


Tomorrow, WE GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!! It's my oooold stompin' grounds! It's our first temple trip in 5 months, so we are SO stoked for it.


In our zone, whenever a companionship has a miracle, they text it to us and then we forward it to the zone! It helps us all stay positive! We got one after zone meeting:
"Another miracle!! We stopped by at a less actives house and they were not home. We remembered what we learned today so there was a reason why we were in that area. The neighbor of the less active came out and started talking to us. She thanked us for spreading the gospel and asked if we would stop by sometime soon."

There was a ton of miracles in our zone, and I'll try to share them too!


Time is up and we have so much stuff to do. The church is true and I'm grateful the Book of Mormon. I'm currently reading it and looking for something specific, and it proves that you can gain a testimony about anything in this gospel by simply reading and praying.


I love your faces.
-Elder Hales

No comments: