Tuesday, June 25, 2013

[Transfers] Week 20 - He asked me to be the new District Leader.

What's up blogodians.
So this past week was crazy, we had something going on every single day that wasn't related to work. We went on exchanges, went up to Silver City for Training, tons of different things! We crawled and killed ourselves to make it to standards, but we got it...barely.
Keepin' pday interestin' yo.
Transfer calls were this past Sunday, so here's the scoop. I have a new companion, he's pretty chill and we should do a good amount of work. President called us on Sunday which usually means you're getting bumped up in leadership or you're training. So he first said Elder Dayley is getting transferred and bumped him up to Zone Leader at the YSA ward on the University of Arizona's campus! That's so awesome and there's no doubt that he will do some serious work out there....gotta "lock the heart" haha a term to focus on missionary work...and not other distractions. He then talked to me and said he'd like me to stay here in Deming, New Mexico one more transfer, so after this one I'm out. He then asked me to be the new District Leader out here...so I'm now the DL as of today. Although I haven't really been in the field too long, I'm grateful for this chance so I can improve on things. Let's do work. So now I get to call our district a couple times a week for various things and get to train once a week or so. Pretty surprising! My past two companions were DL's, so I am grateful to have watched and have seen how they did things to help me out. So that's the throwdown yo. Get up, less goo.
Elder Kite's exchange with me in Lordsburg...a very trippy place to be haha.
Okay, now then! Last week we went on Zone wide exchanges to try and pump up the missionary work with excitement...it was cool, and I went to Lordsburg where it's SMALLER than Deming and is TRIPPY. The first guy we talked to was a member and just pulled over someone for Weed...he held it up and we smelled it...freakin' gross haha. We tracted 3.5 hours while fasting to hope for more opportunities, in the 105 degree heat haha. Pretty great. Every single person we talked to was CATHOLIC except one person, who started her own church. But we were able to get a new, and a few potentials, so all is good. Elder Dayley (will kill me for saying this) went to the wrong area in that day, so we didn't get any news for our area hahaha so funny. They got a lot of success tho, just for the other Elders. hahaha
hahah yes they're serious about the name
Many of you probably watched the broadcast on Sunday. WOAH. Facebook? What the is that? Tablets? Computers? I have no idea what those are anymore. Technologically inept at the moment...although I'm the go to nerd. Go figure. President emailed us and told us he'll let us know, but change will be coming within the oncoming months. Tracting will be not nearly as popular (thank freakin' goodness) as it's not very effective, at least here in Deming. Missionary work is completely changing. It's awesome.
We also got some news on the Tucson temple. The process is going faster than they thought and we WILL most likely see the ground breaking on our mission, for those that are relatively new. SICK!! It will be 2X the temple in Gila Valley and there's only 2 missions in the world that have two temples in their mission. Awe yeah! Our mission is massive haha.Our mission now has 250+ missionaries which is INSANE. They had well under 200 when I came out. There will be 85,000 missionaries by October. There are now 405 missions world-wide. Wow.
Last week, we taught a man who is a member. He has had many concerns and wasn't sure about a lot of things and told us he was insanely close to ex'ing himself. He brought up a story asking about what would happen if a man did 'stuff' with another dude....first of all, it was an unusual lesson. I had another prompting to bring up my bro. So we pulled up my brother's video on youtube, having previous permission from President Killpack, and he watched it. They were rather blown away and it was completely new to them. I told him that his video might be on mormon.org (if a few changes are made hahaha "You don't like boobs??-" - Christy) he was surprised that the church was in support. We went over parts of Romans 1 which says "practices" and things such as that, and told him there is marriage in the after life. We now know more about this guy. Thanks to my bro., otherwise I would have absolutely no idea about any of it.
This is (#%^(*%), if you can't tell, we're watching my brother's radical youtube video....he has multiple concerns...but we recently had a lessons on "homosexuals" in the church, no it wasn't planned, but it was the second prompting I've had to bring up my brother. He was very amused...we're getting somewhere with him...we're hoping. haha freakin' crazy.
We had some J-Dubs (Jehovah witnesses) come knock on our door. Elder Dayley and I were eyeing them down the whole time hoping they were going to come knock on our door haha. "It's game time!" hahah. I feel bad for them, as they continued to use bible verses to try and deny this faith's teachings. They said things like how they belive only 144,000 people are saved, but other go to Heaven.....soo...what about people that are born later, they aren't given a fair chance? Is God not a just God? Does he change? We brought multiple things up with them, from prophets, to baptisms for the dead, to the afterlife. They can't read BOM's because they'll get excommunicated....perfect! We asked them to pray about it, they said no, and then asked us to pray about the bible.... I said,"Sure! We'll do it right now!" in a nice way haha. Then they left and we wished them luck. Feel bad for people who are confused with faith and aren't willing to listen. Suck.
One of our recent investigators got thrown in jail last week because of her warrant..well crap.
Elder Meriluch. He's a stud haha such a funny dude. He got transferred out of our zone.
We currently have 3 BD's. One for Linda, Christene, and Mike. Mike and Christene are SICK kid. Mike is almost 14 and Christene is 10. They are a recent convert's children, Matt and Carol Smith. I've seen those two get married, baptized, receive the priesthood, and now have his kids from South Carolina move here. They were running from the cops, involved with multiple things, but now are some of the most incredible people you can meet. After one of his interviews for priesthood, the Stake President dude said "I've never met a convert so incredible and solid." They rock. Their whole familiy have really hard Georgia accents, but are seriously awesome. We set a date for July 6th for them, as soon as we set it, Carol and Matt sort of freaked out...they turned and looked at us and said, "That's the day we got clean from drugs." Well let's dunk your kids shall we! Now Matt will be able to baptize his own 2/3 kids. The other one isn't here yet. The Senior missionary couple were the ones to baptize Matt and Carol back in March. Way back when there's a pic. of us at their wedding, next will be their kids' baptism. Awesome. I had a very strong prompting that they were goint to be my first baptism. Such a blessing.
This is Christene...strange pic I know. She and her brother Mike moved to Deming a while ago and are getting baptized July 6th! Their (and their parents') story is a remarkable one. I felt a prompting (before transfers) they were going to be my first baptism, seriously can't wait.
Exodus 33:13
I really really want a BMW.
Our latest landlord just got kicked out of our place...so no one owns our apartment and our water and electricity could be shut of soon...well awesome.
"After Midnight" will forever be stuck in my head.
Gettin' pics with our sick t-shirts we made as a district. Awe yeah. We all just woke up.
Well things are good, and looks like I'll be here in Deming until beginning of August! I was hoping to get washed away or thrown down while biking by some monsoons in Tucson, but the wind here will do.
The work is hastening!
Thanks again for the support, it means a ton. We won't get mail until Friday or Saturday because of transfers, but will write back asap when there's free time.
Trying to take some pics of the places we teach at. Pretty SKETCH sometimes. Awesome.
This transfer should be a good one...and interesting. We're having a pig cook this Saturday for our ward. AWE YEAH.
Love ya'll!
Good things to come.
Peace out homie G's. Keep it real. Drink a Monster for me. :D
-Elder Dallin Hales

No comments: