Thursday, July 4, 2013

Week 21 - I've lost weight..gosh dangit.

Word up.

Soooo right after we got done emailing last week, we went to Wallyworld and did our shopping. I started talking to an older gentleman who said he's coming out of retired since he feels he is now stronger. I accidently said, "Ohh so you're sick of being retarded??" hahahahah oops. He didn't catch it and thought I said "retired" haha but oh man, was trying hard not to laugh hahah. 

This week is the 4th of July...which for missionaries doesn't mean a whole lot. We are having a stand up at the park since we're a non-profit organization. woohoo! Should be good and an awesome finding idea.
This was a pig cook our ward did. The most amount of people I've seen in one place since I got here hahah. It was awesome. PEOPLE! Oh yeah...that's our bishop chillin' up there.
We heard gay marriage is now legal?...go freakin' government. -_- That will just make things more fun for missionaries.

Last week sometime we did some 'Red Shirt Contacting' in hope to find a new investigator. The impression of 'blue' came to us and we then prayed for it and went to our next appointment. He wasn't there, but then an older man was getting off his bike and going to his apartment a few doors down...we hunted him down and talked to him, taught him, and now have him a date! Guess what shirt he was wearing?.......a pink one. Crap. Jk. 

It was blue. Another awesome experience that we were able to have relying on the Lord for guidance.

I've been praying for a trial on 'humility'. I definitely got it and it made some things difficult. The work progressed, and things are better now. Will definitely be a different transfer, but there's always a reason for it.
Doing service for some members with a lot of the ward!
During Gospel Doctrine class, we were talking about wisdom, knowledge and all that. Here's something I wrote down and thought about for a while:

"Intelligence can be determined by how we use our pre-mortal attained gifts.
Knowledge can be gained by extending our faith towards certain goals.
Wisdom will be used by using our faith with our gifts when we take them into the life to come."

Boom. Inspiration!

Never in my life before have I seen Satan have so much influence on people. I think back to almost 20 baptism dates that we have set here since I first got here, and every single one them, something has happened. Sickness, physical disability, death, and even anti stuff. It's truly remarkable how much Satan is influencing people here. During the lesson yesterday in the 3rd hour of church, Bro. Sokoloff (the New Yooorkerr) at the end said he felt a prompting to ask me a question, he asked. "Elder Hales, I feel a prompting, I don't know why, but to ask you how baptisms have made you feel." I stood up and started talking about how Mike and Christene's is going to by my first, but that I received a witness that they would be my first. To be able to reflect on the same feeling you had at your own baptism through someone else's, is just awesome. People were quite surprised that we haven't had any down here, but everyone down here keeps telling us that they feel bad for us because of the type of work down here. I started choking up and then kept talking. It was a cool experience, along with the lesson we taught Mike and Christene later last night.

We got to their house with Bro. Sokoloff and his wife and taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They were very in tune and receptive to everything, like always! Then we got to the Holy Ghost part of the lesson when Bro. Sokoloff got up and pulled Elder Allred back and said, "Mike? You see this name tag? I just received a witness that you will be a missionary one day." Then Elder Allred started freakin' out....wtf? He then said this was in a dream he had years ago and that he wrote it down. We all started talking about examples of the Holy Ghost and that I knew something out of the ordinary was going to happen in one of these lessons with them. It was quite a cool experience. So excited for their baptism. July 12th at 6! Wootwoot!

I've lost weight..gosh dangit.
This is Elder Allred's... Apparently it's something you burn and then it smells good....hmmm...sketch.
Ohhh I miss making music. Worth it.

A cool scripture for the week:
D&C 121:7-9:
"7)My son, peace be unto thy soul;thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment.
8)And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
9) Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."

Not a whole lot happened this past week....crap.
A case I made for my BOM. Thanks to Elder Dayley haha.
Hope erryone is rockin' summer back home and wherever the heck you all are.
Love you all, thanks for all the letters!!

-Elder Hales 

No comments: