Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 23 - One of my goals is to never take a nap on the mish.

Forget greetings.
 
This past week was good! Lots happened and we're still alive haha...so I guess things are great :]
On our way to an appointment, I heard a *crash!*... I turned around, there was my comp. on the ground all wrecked up with his bike. He tore his shirt, G's, jacked up his bike, but was in good spirits. We got a good laugh haha.
Last Monday, we went over to an investigators house to see how she is doing...she was a mess because she broke up with her 7 year bf and had been having suicidal thoughts as she's tried to kill herself before. Man it sucks to see people like that. We talked to her and had a good lesson with her. Then the following day, after promising he would be back, there he was, at the apartment again. We all had a good talk with April and Orlando. They have been reading the BOM and love it. SO AWESOME. Been praying for a stronger testimony of the BOM, this family helped that a ton. Throughout the week, we go over almost everyday and they asked about church and activities that they can go to. annd.....we got 3 BD's with them! Orlando, April, and one of her daughter's Jasmine all accepted a date to be baptized on August 10.....I think that's my dad's bday....COOL. They are such an awesome family. I told them I would be leaving in the beginning of August... definitely won't forget their reaction as we feel like family over there. Will be getting pics. with them tonight because he might be headed to jail tomorrow according to his probation officer....dang that would suck. Been praying hard. They will get baptized, just don't know quite when. They brought a drink out to us which I thought was Dr. Pepper like they've given us before....it was green tea. oops. hahah. Our reaction was great between Elder Allred and I. Gross.
 
I've learned more about drugs on my mish than I ever have before haha holy crap.
 
We were walking around one day when I felt to go to a certain trailor RV park...we walked around the whole thing....some dude just coughed in my face....freak. but wasn't sure where to go. I said a prayer in my heart, and the trailor behind us popped into my head. We knocked and it was a 94 yr old man, who really can't quite comprehend our teachings...but wanted a BOM. Awesome.
 
I've become anti-Walmart on the mish.
 
I've been in the Zone the longest haha. It's going to be weird to leave Deming, but ready for the challenge.
This is our New Mexico Zone. I had to push a butt load of camera's timers then run to be in it haha. A very awesome zone.

inside out. word
After teaching an investigator who once had a date, my comp. turned to me and said, "When you leave, she is going to kill herself." That made my heart drop. My whole time in Deming I've been praying for humility and to get that close relationship with the people we teach so we can truly care for them. Now I'll be leaving soon, so we have to get members to come out with us to EVERYONE or else I'm sort of scared what might happen. Putting it on God.
This is Mike, probably one of the most trippy/confusing guys I've ever met in my life. According to him, he talked with President Kimball about something who told him to go amongst the saints and see how they recieve him. He had some very very trippy thoughts about how he was a "child of light" from the house of israel and that our church is the true church, but that we need to "wake up" and that our Prophet of God will resign before the second coming....just like the pope did. We had no idea what was going on and had a member who didn't really disagree with him, so we were confused. It clouded our thoughts and put doubts in our head, so after praying a few times pretty hard, our thoughts were clear again. Satan is just insane. He also said the church sent him a letter invitation to "Adam-ondi-ommon" which will happen before the 2nd coming....wow. Good things come from God, and it didn't make us feel good. Crazy. Have to keep turning to God here in Deming.
During interviews with President, the last thing he said was, "A word of advice? There's a barbor in town. haha" hahaha so I'll be getting a haircut today. Interview went great and it's also a boost to the work. President went on to say that this work will bless my entire life to come, not just the mission with starting out in Deming. Apparently Deming leads our Zone with new investigators weekly and dates along with average lessons/week. That made us feel motivated. Let's do work!
Turned our suits inside out....we had the same suit haha. Awe yeah Elder Shakespeare.
While talking to Orlando one day, some high dude came over and offered him some hand-rolled acid stuff from Nicaragua...or whatever. So trippy. He said no confidently. Awesome.
 
There's an Elder Hickenlooper in this mission and I told Pres. that I knew him because he partially trained my comp., Elder Allred. Elder Hickenlooper's sister dated Sister Palmer's brother haha. Small world. I got a hint that I very well could be comps. with him sometime. Dope.
 
Crap I have 15 mins left.
One of my goals is to never take a nap on the mish....wow I'm tired, but can't quit now.
Last night waitin' for calls. Didn't go to bed til late. Ohh the life of a missionary. Awesome.
 
Here's a poem I write with a few mins to spare about what went on in one day.
 
"Another Days Work"
Today, we saw a butt, it was truly gross.
My thoughts kept going on, how much was his last dose?
Rollin' weed and smokin' dope, it's what they do, no less.
But yesterday we had someone say "NO I think I'll pass!"
There's also someone else, who struggles to survive.
"Too much on my plate" but God knows you're alive.
"You inspire me to change my ways" the comforter or holy one.
Please pray for your comfort, nothing is said then magically done.
While visiting Enrique, this crazy chick came to us.
"Go away, we're Christian." Surprised she didn't bust.
We also gave a blessing, in hope they quit the smoke.
Afterwards he gave us, all his Marlboro's.
Grateful for this service, and for all of His advice.
Man these days are flyin', wow, it's great to be alive.
At Orlando's with their dog: Daddy. He's a sick dog.
Well time is about up, time to send pics home. Cannot show enough thanks for everything everyone does for me back home. Letters, prayers, or support, it's noticed. Been praying for friends and fam. back home. KEEP ROCKIN' LIFE YO.
 
Love ya'll! (Sister Hale got us all saying 'ya'll') Oh gosh.
 
-Elder Dallin Hales
 

No comments: