Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 24 - The best 6 months for my life.

How's errybody doin'? :]
 
So this past week was a....week haha. Mike and Krystena (been spelling her name wrong the whole time) were baptized and confirmed! Wow it was such an incredible experience to be a part of that. Le go.
This is Carol, Krystena, Mike, and Matt. They are such a solid family. They all have sweet accents haha. It's been such a cool experience to see them progress. They now have a house with lots of furniture, and they lived in a tiny camp trailor for two years and were once livin' on the streets. This Gospel truly blesses families.
We gave a blessing to a member named Ralph who was sick and hasn't been able to come to church in a while. It was awesome, as afterwards he felt the spirit so strongly and felt better. The power of the priesthood is just mind blowing.
 
Remember the dude that kidnapped a former investigator, Ashley? Yeah, he's back in town and we've had more trouble with him haha.
One of the trailor parks we visit to teach some peeps. It's such a SKETCHY park. Drugs everywhere, guns everywhere, pretty trippy.
Since my brother is gay and I now have the knowledge about some people going through those trials on this life, I feel I'm going to be faced with many people on my mission with that trial. This past week, we 'coincidentally' ran into a guy who is a less-active. He went on and on and then turns out...he's bi-sexual. Whenever I tell these people that it's a trial that God knows you can face and then tell them that the church is supporting my bro...it surprises them greatly. Gay? Mormon support? Yup. Suck it Satan. Just follow the commandments.
 
-It's important to look at the past to gain an even greater appreciation for the present whie preparing for the future that holds all of our potential.
-Separate the influence from the world, close the gap of incosistency, and focus on what you've learned from experience.
-If you want to progress, never be content.
 
I thought of those randomly during church yesterday....felt I should write them home to the blog. Hope's there's a purpose.
Just gettin' out of a District meeting. Woot.
April and Orlando are doing great as we're teaching them the Word of Wisdom tonight....can only rely on God. They love the spirit the Book of Mormon brings to their lives and they say a prayer every time we're there, and they are awesome prayers. They pray about how this has brought their family closer together and peace into their lives. So awesome.
 
I've said again and again that I have never seen so much influence by Satan before...it's still true. We look back on about the....20 BD's we've had so far, and every single one, Satan has done his job.
 
Jody-suddenly got a job and moved out of town.
Ashley - couldn't go to church because of a random pain in her knee along with temptation from her surroundings....and then moving twice.
Victor - even after casting out evil spirits, still didn't see much of a difference....other than sleeping better.
Sam/Ernest - went to Disneyland and lost interest.
Linda - moved out of town and now lives with smokers along with so much crap with her divorce.
Danny - one of the Sister's investigators whose sister got in a wreck RIGHT before church.
 
It's quite ridiculous, no wonder why we push read and pray so much. They must find out for themselves or else we're all screwed!
 
I'm supposed to do a baptism interview for one of the Sister's investigators....but she doesn't speak English. DANG LANGUAGE BARRIER.
 
Mike and Krystena's baptism was awesome. The spirit was there and everything went smoothly. It was such a cool experience to see two people's sins be completely gone in the eyes of God. They both said how amazing they felt after and were both confirmed in church the next day by their dad, Matt. It was his first time giving a blessing after being baptized and married just in March of this year. I've seen them get married, baptized, and now, his own son recieve the priesthood. One little experience can keep someone going for weeks. I kept feeling a comfort to know that the rough (almost) 6 months of work in Deming, all lead to this baptism. It's been a test from God to see if I would not give up, and it's been a blessing to have received so much comfort in this place. Ohh man there's been some rough times, but oh man, it's been awesome.
Some dude came up to me and told me I should kick for ASU. hmmm....hah.
 
We were chased by dogs a couple times this past week. I will kick one if it bites me.
Doin' some service on an exchange with Elder Jenkins.
One of our investigator's beat up another investigator....pretty hardcore. Because of that, that person didn't feel up to coming to church because she didn't feel up to it. Again, Satan in the working.
he "Good-bye's" begin. This is Brian, who has had a life...of hell. Although he may have some struggles with his head and body, he truly loves this gospel.
1Peter4:12 - awesome.
 
Well, I must go, time's almost up.
 
Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS DAD AND LAURA FOR BEING ENGAGED! YOU TWO ARE AWESOME! :]

So much for a wedding invitation *spoiler alert* hehe.
 
Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

 
 
Because it was dead.
Thanks again for all the letters and support, sure miss a load of people, but it's awesome to hear how everyone is doing.
 
Good luck to all those who are bout to serve. Go hard or go home...haha. Literally.
 
So grateful for this service and how it truly blesses families. It's been the best 6 months for my life so far, there's nothing else I'd truly rather be doing. My testimony of how this gospel can bless families, has grown remarkably. It's not because I'm out a missoin that may bring blessings to the family, but because of the GOSPEL. I'm so grateful for the connection with my family I have and for the blessings they've brought me. This church is just incredible and bring happiness anywhere at any time if we let it. It's saved my life, and that's the purpose of it, to save people's lives. Sure do love that man above and our brother, Saviour, Redeemer, for his infiite sacrifice that affects us everyday. Name of Jesucristo. Amen.

No comments: