Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 40 - How do you have a blog on the mission?!

I have no idea who reads this blog, but to whoever does, you rock.

This past week in the ATM was a pretty chill yet chaotic week.....a former investigator is sitting next to us..his name is JW. He's rad. 
This was this morning...at 5:45am, we've been going to the gym....never thought I would wake up early volunteeringly for stuff. Hah.

My comp. is kicking butt and is constantly wanting to improve and is very motivated for missionary work, which is sweeet as. Nothing really crazy happened this past week, but lots of little things.

The entire zone thinks I look just like Eminem...so there ya go.

This past week, we had some encounters with an (sort of) investigator. She's 'prayed in tongues' to us, which was quite the experience. She's knocked on our door and talked to us about how she thinks we're wrong....funny enough, she found out her 'answers' about the BOM....online. Yup. There's so much anti stuff, it's ridiculous. She talked about how at first the Book of Mormon brought to her good feelings....then before you know it, anti crap kicked in and she gave us back the BoM. I talked to her about recognizing her feelings from the BOM compared to online and why it may be different feelings....she came back again later, and apologized to us. We see each other and she's chill. Got to love Tucson.

I'm trying to type and talk to the two people in here too..

"Are you Mormon? No? Well I'm MORE MAN than you!" hahah our investigator John.

Yesterday at church, no investigators showed up, and we were expected 3 or so. Somewhat frustrating, but meh, it's the missionary life. Our progress with some investigators is coming along. We set a date with an investigator last night who said, "I have no doubt that it could be true. I would love to read and pray and fast about it." Holy awesome. 

Nick is coming along too. He still has a date for the 30th and is working towards it, but he didn't wake up in time to go to church. 

John and Laura are doing pretty good! They both committed to living the WoW last night, and we're trying to get them married so then they can be baptized. John now has a job, and a car, so they are being watched over.
How many missionaries does it take to put up a flag?

After church yesterday, we had to bike over to the Stake Center so I could do an interview. Right before the interview, a member came up to me whom I've never met before and said, "So how do you have a blog on the mission?" hahah whattt? He looked up some blogs and found this blog. Awesome. 

Alma 32:25: "For I do not mean that ye all of you have been compelled to humble yourselves; for I verily believe that there are some among you who would humble themselves, let them be in whatsoever circumstances they might.
John 16:4
Romans 8:25
At the "Heritage Festival" we rocked the parking lot yo.

This past Saturday, we were invited to a city-run "Mormon Heritage Festival" at a really big park. There was about 130 missionaries or so helping out all throughout the day. We got to wear the sweet "helping hands" vests. SICK. Elder Hall and I were assigned to the baptist parking lot to help people park....good thing we're awesome, because we directed about 4 cars in a few hours. haha. It was a good turnout though, people just parked elsewhere..
HALESTORM. We were in the same district down in Deming for a while.

Sister Shimitzu...I think. It only took about 9 months for us to see each other haha. She used to hang out with my bro! My brother told me to add her on Facebook friends before I left....so we finally met haha. She rocks. 

Life is crazy. I've learned more and more that if you gain patience for yourself, than comes the patience for others, or else it just stacks up. Got knows our weaknesses, otherwise patience would be a very very hard thing....

I continue to reflect on my brother's 'story' with many people. One invest. asked about our church's stand point with "gay people." So I pulled out Romans Chapter 1 and went from there. There's so many people out there struggling with something. If it weren't for my brother, I would have no knowledge about it. 

Well. Time to go. I'm surprised these computers aren't closed down for Veteran's day. This church is true. It's there to help us! Not to discourage! 
 I saw this on a letter...Elder Kunz is now home in Idaho, he must have seen this letter the day he went home. That dawg. 

JW is talking to me about insurance haha. He's still rad.

Love you all! Next week should have more things happen!

Peace.

Elder D.Hales

No comments: