Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 42 - Turkey time, yo.

What's up everyone :D

Turkey time yo.

Week 4 of the transfer is already done, which is ridiculous. 

Blessings. General authority. Another freakin' bike stolen. Walking in freezing pouring rain. Another week in the mission life.
One of the days we got DUMPED on. Good stuff.

It started by talking to a member who is active but had been really depressed. He talked to us about "the spirit was working in me" and a joyful feeling came over him. The Priesthood blows my mind, and what a blessing it is for imperfect beings to hold and be involved with such a perfect power. 

haha back when Elder Auva'a and I were comp's, some guy pulled up next to him and yelled, "Hey! Joseph Smith was gay!!" Elder A said, "Thanks! You too!!" haha I don't know if he thought about what he said or what. The Samoan culture is crazy. haha good stuff.
This is Valerie who is getting baptized in Utah on Wednesday! Crazy. She took us out to Chilis (hehe)! It was so good, and without hesitation, she ordered two deserts. Wow. She is one of the most knowledgeable people I've seen taught. Was able to give her a blessing once. She rocks. 

We've been teaching Jerilyn a couple times now. Our last visit with her was on Thursday and 10 hours later, she had a baby haha. But at our visit, we were teaching her and her husband the Restoration and we heard a 'ding' sound outside by the rail....where our bikes were. Elder Hall and I weren't planning on teaching them, but Jerilyn's husband was there so we could go in. They asked us if we locked our bikes....suck. Never have forgotten to lock our bikes, until now. They said one of the bikes was gone and sure enough, Elder Hall's brand new bike was gone...dang. Nothing like walking to your next appointment because a bike was stolen. He has good spirits and didn't let it get him down. Other than than, Jerilyn's doing awesome.

Another investigator named Mosette was one we 'coincidentally' ran into at the park. She had just gotten out of jail and wanted to get closer to Christ. Perfect. We were out talking to her on her stairwell when she broke down and talked about the things she had gone through. It's times when people reflect on events that have happened in their life when they want to feel the spirit. We're seeing her soon and hope all is well.

It DUMPED on us for two days...but hey, the work must go on! Even if it's on foot.

Ether 14:30. Shiz happened.

I keep finding more people who know who my brother is. One day the Sisters in our district crashed on their bikes, so they walked to our place so they could get fixed up...while we stood outside of our apartment haha. Sister Ah Sue saw a picture of my brother and was like, "Wait...he's your brother??" haha yup! Everyone supports my bro. and it's rad. Still blows my mind, but meh, a lot of things do.
Right after the Sisters crashed into construction stuff and walked to our place. We fixed up their bikes, and then exchanged back the next day. Pima Ward FTW.


The Sisters wrote down our dinner calender for a week and put "McDonald's Value Menu" as one of the dinners....I switched a couple of their's. Guess what was one of THEIR's....? We found out when we got to our dinner.

Yesterday at church was a day I'll probably remember for the rest of my life. After sacrament, a member turned to us and handed us a note talking about some things....one things led to another, and he reflected back on a time he was in a lesson with us and we were going over the Restoration. While reciting the 1st vision, he said he felt the spirit really strongly and said he wanted that feeling and then asked for a blessing right then. My heart started pounding hardcore, which generally means the blessing is going to be quite spirit-driven. We all talked and he had some evil feelings inside and said he felt "pulled in every direction." I don't want to get into it to much, but the blessing was very powerful. Not too often do I cry in blessings, but man, the spirit was definitely there. He said afterwards, "I don't feel hooked anymore." The Priesthood is such a blessing given us, as imperfect as we are. He was insanely happy and said that he felt the spirit a lot more that day. The gift of the Holy Ghost saves our lives. 

Mathew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." 

"You can't stand still and receive guidance. Take that step forward. We have to move for the Lord to guide us." - Elder Johnson who came and spoke to us this past Thursday. It was awesome to hear a General Authority speak to us.
 Zone Conference with Elder Paul Johnson of the 70. 

Well it's Thankgiving week, and I've been reflecting on a lot of things lately that I've been blessed for. It's almost times up, but I just want to thank everyone what you've done. The blessing and comfort I've felt these past almost 10 months have been incredible and will be something to reflect on the rest of my life. I know there's people watching over me and the care does not go un-noticed. I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father and his kindness in listening to everything I have to say. He's the perfect councilor and wants us to succeed more than anyone else. I'm thankful for our Saviour, and the perfect example He set for all of us. It's remarkable to think that Christ "never thought of himself" which is a life long goal for us. I'm thankful for my family and friends, and all they do for me. Now go eat some Turkey :] In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Peace homies.

-Elder Dallin Hales

No comments: