Tuesday, April 15, 2014

[Transfers] Week 62 - Gila Vally YSA at Eastern Arizona College!

Well, I don't even know where to start. Transfers are TODAY and I got transferred...up to the GILA Valley. Fun Fact: our zone covers where my Sister used to live a while back! Hopefully we'll run into people. wootwoot! It was crazy coming up here to the Gila Valley. Sleepless nights. There's been some crazy crap going on up in this Zone the past few transfers, but I'm excited to get to work and see what will come of it. We have a baptism tonight at 6pm and then another one this Saturday along with speaking in Stake Conference this weekend. I'm being thrown in to a lot of things, but I love it! WE cover 4 YSA wards!! We go on Eastern Arizona College a lot. So STOKED!!! My comp. is Elder Netane, who's a poly, and a stud, and this is his 2nd transfer as a ZL. Let's do some work!
 
Let's recap last night and some things I've learned about Sierra Vista: Soowoo.

"got you! Now lay down for 10 seconds!"


Last week while on exchanges with Elder Wardell, we set a baptism date with a guy named Damien whom we contacted on the street. We set the date, and he said it was the same day as his bday! Sweet! Damien is Buddhist and a Master Free Mason, so it was always fun teaching him. He came to church, liked it, and is progressing! Elder Simpson said he'd keep me updated.
 
Last week we had a Zone Meeting. Elder and Sister Tanner (senior couple) had a son pass away the day before, and still came. It was expected, but they're strong people. The Zone Meeting went pretty well, but apparently the same reaction happened throughout the mission. While teaching, "We have been given a gift to have an outside point of view."

Last Zone Meeting in Sierra Vista. Our whole Zone including senior couples. A member made us all food!

 


Ashley was baptized!! By her husband!! Bro. Ott said that it was the first time to use the priesthood because of the craziness that he's been through. It was such a cool baptism. Ashley bore her testimony at her baptism and I left us speechless. She said, "I had been praying for a church because my family needed help." and got emotional and said she knew the BOM is true. it was a great way to end the transfer. When Bishop told me that April 11th would be okay for Brother Ott to baptize, I knew it was the end of my time in Sierra Vista. Ashley is working on getting her Patriarchal Blessing. Such a SOLID family. I miss them dearly.

Ashley's baptism! Will never forget them.

 
Our Zone had 3 baptisms last week. One of them was a guy that I was able to set a date with while on exchanges in another ward. His name is Tyler! It so cool to see work go forth.

Role playing at mission prep with some students.

 
Lanney and Aaron also came to church! We have never seen them more happy than the weeks that they go to church. Aaron is currently working on quitting smoking and has made huge progress since smoking since he was 15. WE bought him lots of gum and have working out with him in the mornings. It's rare to see that much happiness come upon a family amonst the crap that they have to go through. It must be the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

In the process of trying to quit smoking, haha it sort backfired haha.

Lanney, Aaron, and their kids!


While in a lesson with an investigator, we introduced the BOM and she was putting...ointment on because of burn....she went too high. EEK!

The Whitney family!

 
Like every other time I've been transferred, I always think about and list some things I've learned in that area. I came up with a LOT for Sierra Vista, but they are things that will help me become a better missionary/person. Le. go.
 
-In order to progress, you must have confidence in your choices and actions when given options.

-Patience helps us see God's will.

-If you trust in authority in times of doubt, the guidance you can receive comes from constantly working on the Lord's time.

-In order to become humbled, steps must be taken. Sometimes those steps feel they're in the wrong direction, but God always leads you in the perfect direction.

-I will never live in a small town X2.

-You can see an entire zone and stake completely change with simple obedience, hard-work, and selflessness.
 
Revelations 7:17 - "For the lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."
 
Well shoot. I can't believe how things are going. I'm grateful to be serving, and can't believe I'm now serving YSA up in the Gila Valley minutes from the temple. We have Zone Trainings and temple trips later this month. #can'twait there's been a lot of stuff happening in the past few transfers up here, but we just have to go to work and good things will come out of it.

Saying bye to Laeke who is moving up to Pleasant Grove! (and may or may not be stopping by my mom's house soon enough.... :D)

The Ott's! Bella gave an awesome testimony at church. Wow.

Saying bye to our RC Loretta and her husband!


Dinner at the Braun's and McCue's. They gave me a couple presents and started a new tradition of making missionaries wear a super ugly tie and some socks!

 
 Braun's and the McCue's!


Elder Hickenlooper  - the one taking my spot in Sierra Vista. I've talked with his mom and Sister before the mission, so that's how we knew each other. Small world! They'll tear it up out there!!

Saying bye to the comp. Elder Simpson became very close friends, because man, we went through a TON!! The Stake is on its way to great things.


I love you all and am so blessed and grateful for so many things!!
 
Elder Dallin Hales

 Life in a nutshell. #missionarylifestyle

No comments: