Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 65 - We can do it!

FAMILI!! FEFE HAKE! SIANA!!

I told myself that I wouldn't come home until I learned a language...well...I'm learning bits and pieces of like 3 different ones. The perks of poly comps. :D

Chillin' on a hiking spot last PDAY


This past week was sweet as. The Lord is leading us to those who are prepared...and are actually STAYING for the summer. Pretty sure 2/3's of Thatcher leaves when summer comes. Four of our YSA wards combine to 1 for the summer. It's nuts. It's been really cool though. If we find someone that is staying for the summer, we both think "yup! They're prepared!" Because be real. Not many people come to EAC for the summer, there must be a reason!

 Half of the poly missionaries in our zone. Awesome.


With that said, basically all of our investigators, potentials, and members are peacin' out this week since it is FINAL's week (my heart and headaches go out to all those taking finals). So we'll be saying bye to quite a few people. Looking at the past, there really is a good chance of me being here clear until next semester starts. I feel I will be here for several transfers, but pff, I'm just a tard.

Saying bye to Elder Wasden at MLC. He will be missed! I wish we served around each other at sometime. This dude's a stud and was one of the assistants for a few months.


Christian J. is headed out, one of our investigators who's waiting for the 1st Presidency's approval...but he leaves this Wednesday, so his baptism may not happen...he is very faithful every time we meet with him. Man we're going to miss him.

Tracie Sanchez, our recent convert. She is simply a saint. Since she's Apache, her family situations are kind of crazy. She has her butterfly and eagle clan, and then her blood related family. Recently she's had a crazy amount of deaths of relatives, and she normally had set up to get her Patriarchal Blessing tonight and actually invited us to sit in! She called us last night and said she doesn't want to get it when she's recovering from all these things. It just wasn't the best time for her to get it. She is solid as a rock and we've all become good friends, our prayers go with so many people that are leaving.

Elder Bouwhuis! 'Til we meet again in L-Town!


Well, there are so many other people I don't have time to go over. But the Lord has blessed us with people that we feel will progress within the summer heat gospel! :D

A (stud) member Jacob Yazzi brought in a friend to a lesson....we didn't know him. His name is Kobie and seemed interested...so we set expectations with him and talked about what he's looking for with meeting with us. We taught him the Restoration which brought the spirit for us all to feel. After the first vision, Kobie said the feeling he had was something he feels can push him to make the change he wants to see in his life. AWESOME. The lesson continued and we set a baptism date with him for May 31, he's reading and praying and he came to church and bore his testimony yesterday! It's always a little nerve racking when an invest. goes up to bear their testimony....well, his was incredible. Kobie went over how this church has made him happy since he has met with us and how it's something he sees himself joining because of what it can do for him. Wow. While teaching him the first time, Kierra Eldredge walked in during the lesson and sat down next to him...she was in my ward in my last area! haha we made eye contact but we kept teaching. We got her involved in the lesson and I asked, "Sooo how do you two know each other?" She leaned her head on him...got it! They're dating! What a great fellowshipper haha. Kobie is staying for the summer. Summer time in the YSA is a tough one, but we can do it.

We walk into a lot of homes and see a lot of random things.


One lesson we had was with LaKiesha, a native who isn't staying. She has felt intimidated by missionaries (it's the ties), but the lesson we had with her was awesome. She has never prayed in her life before, and she prayed at the end of the lesson and felt the spirit. Seed is planted.

This transfer has been the fastest transfer yet. It's already half way over. What the heck? We're tired 24/7, but the good man above keeps us going.

While out knockin' some houses to work with some LA's, we talked with a lady...she said, "Well I'll have to tell Christy hi for you!" hahah yup. No idea, people have their eye out for us haha.

Another missionary at MLC on Friday asked "Did your dad write a book?"
"Uhh yeah actually!" - me
"well it's in our apartment!"
..SWEET!

We're very involved with the Ward and Stake up here. We were just asked to speak in our YSA combined ward next week on Mother's Day. SWEET! Our Zone Meeting is this week as well in which we have a lot of things to go over and hope the spirit teaches as much as possible. Our zone has awesome missionaries. A couple companionship's are looking for a boost, so we'll see what can happen the rest of the transfer. Good things are coming. The hardest thing to change in a zone, is the mindset.

In my prayers this morning, here's an analogy we'll use at ZM. Imagine a sweet BMW (how about a 2015 M4) comes up to the gas station....now imagine a little smart car....and now a big ol truck. The gas represents the gospel (somehow). Some people are willing to pay however much it takes to go as far as possible. Some people aren't quite willing to pay for the full tank. The effects of the gas are the same, regardless of the vehicle. The same for the gospel. All members/non-members needs the gospel, but unfortunately not all are willing to do what it takes to get the blessings. Woot.

As part of a goal, Elder Netane and I have to lay on the ground for 10 seconds every time we say the word "Freak". hahah. I'm winning :D
I'm winning. hahaha


Alma13:24
D&C84:77
"And again I say unto you, my friends, for from henceforth I shall call you friends, it is expedient that I give unto you this commandment, that ye become even as my friends in days when I was with them, traveling to preach the gospel in my power."

Well, time is up. As crazy as life is, and as much change that comes. The gospel is what keep us able to adjust to new things. It has been the coolest experience of my life to see what this gospel can do for families. Those we teach, and mine as well. I have never seen so much change come among a family before...and yet I KNOW which my whole heart that it is what our Heavenly Father has planned for them. I love this gospel with my whole heart and would serve my whole life if it meant this much happiness coming upon people. We're speaking on Eternal Marriage, or some family related topic next week. Can't wait :]

Our sweet zone after D-MEET's!


I love y'all!!

AYYYYYE TOKKKKS!!!

President and Sister Killpack only have a couple months left. Can't believe it!

I want a Monster.

-Elder D Hales

No comments: