Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 67 - WHERE'S WALDO!?

We've been playing 'Where's Waldo' up here this past week....Waldo being the people God has found. WHERE ARE YOU WALDO!! This past week Elder Netane and I focused a lot on finding, in any area in our zone. Between us blitzing and on exchanges, we found a good chunk for the zone. It was because God SENT them to us, not BECAUSE of US.

Sweet EAC shot

My eyes are dilated right now....wow. I look like a zombie..good thing I'm not walking around in Deming with my eyes dilated. 

Hello. My name is Elder Hales. I have alien eyes.



Otie. The drink my comp. made that we're making for FHE tonight. SO GOOD!!

You could say 'referrals' was a massive focus for us. Wednesday was commodities and District meetings, Thursday was an exchanges, and then the other days were focusing on other areas mostly. Man. We saw some MIRACLES just yesterday! Along with throughout the week. One blitz's(us working in other missionary's areas to try and help them find) we parked randomly, and talked to the first two people we saw, and both seemed interested, they just have to be contacted again. Other time's we were just out walking and saw people on the side of the street who accepted missionaries to come into their house. Then on Thursday, I went with one of the DL's Elder Davidson into his area to do wuuurk! While planning, he felt to go to the Indian reservation. Of course, that sounded.....fun! Then after focusing, both of us felt to do an appointment with the Lord for that morning to first head out there. 

"Where you going?"
"We have an appointment!!"
"Sweet! With who?"
"....God!"

The first thing we saw was a member, and then walked over to this gentleman in his yard. Everyone is Apache. Rad. A car pulled up where we taught Isiah about families and got an RA! Sweet! Then after that, Jared was blowing up a water tube. He was timid at first, but then opened up like crazy! Jared went on about how he just quit "hell's angels" and that he went to a concert where they were all satanists and he hated the feeling (go figure. Holy crap). Jared told us that he was walking from a field one day when someone offered him a bible which he started to read and feel peace. Elder Davidson and I had prompting after prompting for what to talk about. We talked about baptism, families, and how the Book of Mormon can help him. We set a baptism date with him. "You two looked like angels of the Lord coming up to me." wow. It was obvious that the Lord showed up for his appointment! It was so cool. After that, Elder Davidson said, "I've been waiting for something like that to happen my whole mission." It was so cool, and seemed very inspired!

WHERE'S WALDO??

Elder Davidson and their goats that they feed twice daily haha. Dumb goats.

Yesterday, after contacting some potentials, we randomly felt to go try another potential. As we were walking across ghostown campus, some dude named Anthony yelled out, "Hey! Come here for a second!" He was on the phone and needed a pen....cool. Simple enough. We were talking after and he just wrecked his car...dang. He said it was a coincidence running into us since his family relies on him for money and jobs and that he hasn't been to a church because he doesn't understand trials. Well, Elder Netane and I applied the BOM to him, and we'll be seeing him on Wednesday! Later that night, a potential wasn't home, but someone else was where we talked about having a relationship with God and set an appointment. People that you wouldn't guess to listen to you, are often the ones that are solid in the gospel.

This is RIGHT before running into Anthony. He's barely not in the pic. MIRACLE

CROSSFIT. A buddy named Aaron hooked us up to go to Crossfit every TuesdayThursday, and Friday's and all we do is help him clean up afterwards on Friday's. Dang. We love it :D

One of the guys we ran into while blitzing someone's area. His name was Veresibiaiodhoapshidf. IDK.

A salesman who had been anti'd came up to us and threw all the classic anti stuff against us....all he had against us was the physicalities and layout of the BOM....and worshipping another God. It's sad that people can get into that stuff, even at 18 years old. I've learned to teach by the spirit, even against those who are anti'd.
Helping out with commodities! 


One of our dinner messages was the Joseph Smith's 1st vision and having Bishop and Sister Bluth think of someone who needs help...after sharing it...he said, "Elders.....you need to go see...." and told us some people along with asking us to share that experience in sacrament meeting the next day. So we did! It was great and the spirit was there. I think 3/5 weeks I've been here, we've done something for church or stake conference. haha. It's awesome to be involved.
President Larsen (President Killpack's 2nd counselor) took us out to this awwesome ice cream place after our Stake Correlation meeting...my sister told me about it days earlier while skyping :D


"It takes guts to do something good, than bad." - Elder Netane


Tonight we are meeting as a zone to do zone exchanges for the mission-wide "The Day" tomorrow where we'll be focusing on finding through service. wootwoot!

Well that seems to be all the time I have for this email :/ My comp. asked me if I'd baptized many people on my mish...I've only been at 6 or so baptisms of those I've taught....but then after thinking, the areas that I've left seemed to have baptisms the following weeks I leave...I feel that I've been sent out here to be obedient as I can, to help areas and hopefully zones get work going.  I've probably had more baptisms that I haven't been at, than those that I have. The church is true yo! I'm so grateful to serve the one who gave us everything.

1nephi15:11

I love all y'all. Change is coming up here. Transfers are NEXT WEEK so emails will be on Tuesday. Let's see what's in store this time.

-Elder Hales

No comments: