Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 91 - "Hey are you Mormon??"


Hello therr errybody!! :D

Mark and Staci are doing AWESOME!!! Their story goes:
Our zone wanted to make a zone shirt! Sweet! After we mission "appropriated" it they are done! The first time we went in there, a guy had a sweet British accept who was from the Isle of Man. Legit. He hasn't been to church in years since moving to the states back then, but still has a solid testimony. His record are still back on the Isle of Man where he used to be active and very involved. His wife/girlfriend and Mark both have two young kids. They have had a crazy past, especially her. Before high school she was in the party scene a bit and went through SO many things. They are both very good spirits and you can tell when you walk into someone's home, what kind of values they have with their family. They had a very good feeling in their home! They both live in our area and close to us! On the first night we met them, she asked us about tithing, and that seemed to be her only concern already. Whenever we go over she always turns to Mark and says, "I think this is right for us." or something to that sort. No doubt she feels the spirit drawing her closer and closer to the message we share. We've taught the Restoration and part of the Plan. During the 1st vision, I kept praying that their kids would be silent, and they were! Almost committing to a baptism date too! She has been praying and reading. She wants to feel accepted and doesn't want to be judged for her tattoos and what not...can't really blame her! They came to our ward's Trunk or Treat along with a couple other non-members and they both came to Stake Conference yesterday. We sang in the choir. Woot. Anyways, they are coming along awesome and are an answer to our prayers and definitely feel led to them. Fasting and prayer works! We are always physically led along with spiritually. A family in our ward invited them over to dinner and FHE tonight with them along with ourselves. Can't Wait!!!

Crossfit never felt so good last Tuesday morning at 5:30. AH.

Alma 29:6 really opened my eyes, making me realize there's no reason we should't enjoy the place we are in right now.
 Now, seeing that know these things, why should desire morethan to perform the work to which have been called?

Elder Hickenlooper texted us to do a blitz! #inspired They came out and we blitzed an area. I was with Elder Daniel and towards the end of the blitz time, we saw two sweet miracles! After tracting out a few streets, one man was outside who starting talking with us. He was recently out of jail. Boom! Baptism date! Church commit! Wooh! It was awesome! THEN! The very next house a man opened up and was suuuper open with us about religion and said for the Elders to come back last Saturday and they did! Woah! Miracles often happen when your faith is enduring your efforts.
Out blitzing!
Another cool missionary moment was while walking in our apt. complex, a YSA was walking and I asked, "Hey are you Mormon??" and she said "No, but some of my friends are!" She walked towards us and turns out, she has read from the BOM and accepted missionaries to come over. That is why we must talk with everyone. Too bad we're not YSA.

Last night we had a missed voicemail from President asking for me to call him back, he answered and we had a good chat. He asked me to be the next assistant, so looks like things just got switched up from now until I go home! Transfers aren't until next Tuesday (not sure when I'll even get to email home) but I'm going to a UoA YSA ward where the work is great! Elder Hickenlooper will be missed!!

Today for PDAY we're doing our zone olympics!! We have multiple events planned
and all have our zone shirts! A great way to end a transfer. Our zone meeting will also be this Wednesday....not too sure about timing since I'll be switching areas multiple times this week, but who knows! It'll all work out.

I want to let everyone know, how humbling this opportunity is to be a missionary for God. I am so grateful for this chance to make my main focus of my efforts and worries about God's children and not myself. I've found that when I think of myself, stress comes. So it's a process! When worry comes, it's often because I want the best for others. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and I know that all of us are missionaries for the rest of our lives. Here, and the spirit world. I can't wait for the joy that will come when we see our brothers and sisters once again in Heaven, converted with all their beliefs towards Heavenly Father.


I love this church because it's true!!

I love you all!!

-Elder Hales

Word.

No comments: