Tuesday, November 11, 2014

[Transfers] Week 92 - University of Arizona YSA 5th Ward!

It feels super weird being in your last area of your two-year mission. I will still have one more companion, but it still feels super weird. I was transferred over to the University 5th ward Sunday night so we could pick up missionaries from the airport yesterday, do many other things, and then also President matched the up with their trainers and we all gave some trainings to them! What an exciting time! :D I love the work in the YSA. I will learn quickly that you can fulfill your purpose other than helping investigators feel the spirit. There a TON of things going on before I go home, so I'll be busy, but doing the Lord's work. 

A quick recap of my last week in the great Butterfield Ward!! :D Man I love that ward to death. 
The Witbeck's!!
I was bouncing back and forth between my area in West Tucson and the assistants area getting trained for future stuff. But we had some awesome experiences! 
Us in the office!
Staci and Mark are doing SO good! Staci texted us two night ago asking some information so she could send me her "baptism invitation." YES!!! Mark and Staci I'll never forget. Mark came up to me at church after he bore his testimony for the first time in 9 years, and had tears in his eyes and said, "Your work here is done. You've done what you were supposed to, so thank you." Saturday we had a dual-ward activity where there was 2 missionary stations that taught about PMG and role playing, and then the last part was where we had Kellie (recent convert) and Staci and Mark all bare their testimonies. After that, our mission President spoke and then it ended. All of their testimonies were incredible. Staci posted on FB on Halloween about meeting us and how it's changed her perspective on her Pagan childhood life. I love seeing the effect this gospel has on families. It's my testimony that this gospel changes families and prepares the for eternal and temporal happiness. And that happiness is available to anyone. Yup. God is good.
Mark and Staci! As soon as their marital situation is good to go, she will get baptized! :D
Kellie is doing SUUUPER well too! She is a part of the ward and is involved! I've always loved Kellie because she says things how they really are and "cuts the fluff." I will miss her greatly. Thank goodness for FB.

I've looked back and have noticed how inspiration plays such a big role in each area. In each area, we've come up with different dinner messages to the members. It's crazy how they grasp onto certain messages.
Sierra Vista: The Lord's Game Plan
Gila Valley: The 1st Vision and the "Willing and Brief"
West Tucson: Preach My Gospel discussion
U5: We'll see! :D
The Rigg's family! This family is incredible.....let's just say we got along well :D I miss them already.
There are some incredible people in the Butterfield ward. The Rigg's, Bekah, Kellie, Mark, Staci, Bishop Harline and family, Price's, Wilson's, Jensen's, Camyle. So many incredible people. The testimonies on Sunday were almost all about missionary work. I've been blessed to be able to look back and see that the member work in the West Stake is beginning to change. Members are having miracles instead of just missionaries. Our Zone Meeting went great on Wednesday. I was sad it was my last Zone Meeting as a ZL to train at. The training's went well and the spirit was there. We were able to cut miles down a TON the 3 months I was there. It's great to look back and see the progress that was made. I'm so grateful to serve.
West Tucson zone!!
One thing that my testimony grew about was the inspiration that mission President's truly do have. I was able to do the transfer board last week for transfers today for the mission. On Wednesday, all the missionaries kept asking where they were going. At the end of our zone meeting, I asked who wanted to know where they were going....and then I bore testimony about the spirit that confirms in President Passey's heart as he prays on bended knee for the missionaries. It's a spiritual experience. You back President up 100% because he holds the keys for this mission. Wow. I'm excited to do it again in December!

I'm trying not to write about a ton of administrative stuff! There is so many things happening, that need to be confidential. But yesterday and today we got to spend time with the brand new missionaries in the mission! They arrived yesterday! We've done a few trainings for them and helped them get excited to be on a mission! Conducting at the transfer site this morning with a ton of missionaries was a new experience, but I know that the Lord doesn't call the qualified, but that he qualifies whom he calls to help that person learn and grow. hah. So true. I'm so greatful for the power of the Atonement. It absolutely blows me away to think of how much pain one person went through. In Mosiah 3:7 it refers to "every pore" compared the new testament where it references "great drops of blood." Another example to why the BOM is true! I love this gospel with my whole heart and can't wait to see what progress is to be made the next 3 months.

I love you all! Letters are still amazing! :D Go do some missionary work yo!

-Elder Dallin Hales

No comments: