Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 4 - I've Gained Weight...


hah. PSYCH!
Hello again everyone! It's crazy to think I've been out a month already. Everyone says that the first six months are the slowest and the last 6 absolutely fly by. Things are going by pretty quick even though my comp. was pretty dang sick so we had a lot of extra free time this week while he slept and I just...studied and tried to entertain myself with the wonderfulness of Deming New Mexico.
Things here are still continually slow at times because of the lack of members and investigators, but we are doing everything we can with the Lord's help. We had 7 Larks(less active recent converts) and investigators say they were going to come to church yesterday....but not one showed up. We've had a few cool missionary moments though. One day we were tracting the empty streets here and knocking some houses. While walking we came across 'Jack' who's wife died 4 years ago and lives alone. He asked us what happens when we die...uhm....holy crap, we call those peoplel "golden investigators" when they ask that question haha. Although he mixed up our next appointment so we're slowly making progress with him. After we tracted for a while we both felt there was someone waiting for us...but we weren't too sure. We said a prayer....stood there for a minute, and the "Loutonsky" family came to both our minds. We had been over there only a few days before and they're members so we weren't sure. We both decided to walk over there in that neighborhood being directed by the spirit. After being rejected a few times, knocking a few people's houses who wouldn't say a word to us, we came across 'Cindy' who was just chillin' on her porch smoking. We went and talked to her for a while and she said she moved to Deming a few weeks ago by herself and didn't know why....k first of all.....who in the crap moves to Deming New Mexico without a reason? Or even having a reason!? hahah. Anyways, we have an appointment with her tomorrow and hope for the best.
We will be tracting everyday this week, and luckily it's supposed to be about 70 degrees here all week! FTW! My comp. Elder Flint came from West Tucson where they had the most baptisms, and basically the most people and converts. He came here and has been a little discouraged, plus he was sick so it's given me opportunity to step up and take the lead a few times. We've learned that I could be a Senior Companion/Trainer as soon as freakin' May! President Killpack said that they weren't ready for the big rush of missionaries they received, so they're are going to be some changes throughout the mission. Pretty freakin' crazy. My comp. and I had a pretty intense talk because he's used to training people who basically follow his lead in his teachings and methods. One lesson he was discouraged by the way the lesson turned out because I went into a lot more depth than he though I would (since we were teaching members) and then he said "I would get it one day."....hmm...well okay. Since then he's apologized and said he's not used to training someone who "has confidence" in the way they teach...now we work well in unity and the members are often contacting us for different things. Companion unity is quite important holy crap. Elder Flint is awesome and we're anxious to see if he gets transfered in 3 weeks because of the trainers that are needed. He leaves in May, and I have 23 months left hahah. Elder Flint ALWAYS talks in his sleep....he woke me up one night screaming "woooooaahhhhh" hahahahah.
There's definitely some adjustments that have been made down here. I miss driving my truck. I miss caffeine. I miss crossfit. Of course I miss my family and friends. Some thing my comp. told me is to take all of the world, and set it aside for t two years. "If you let your mission change you, it will change your life."....lots to think about haha.
After we searched everywhere for a laundry mat, there's one....right next door in the room right next to us haha. It's always super noisy, and our neighbors are always super drunk (very entertaining to talk to) and our shower nobs are broken so we can barely take showers, but it all good. The spirit can be anywhere. It's a blessing to know that regardless of where you are, you have the capablilty to spread the gospel unto others. I've also learned I'm a clean freak. Geez.
Exercise is crucial out here. There's one school out here with a track we go to every once in a while and it's nevery felt so good to run. Every morning I do someone sort of CF workout...today was 50-40-30-20-10 burpees and box/chair jumps. I'm already out of shape and I hate it. Alwell. Two year break.
 
Someone stole a foglight from our truck hahahah good ol' New Mexicans.
We drink lots of Arizonas down here.
I have my family's music on my ipod including mine, and it's great to listen to them. Although my own music isn't missionary appropriate hahah suck.
Found out Sister Palmer is serving in 'El Centro' which isn't even near San Diego. She is only 30 mins from Arizona and she sees the Mexico border....hahah go figure. We see the patrol blimp all the time down here with all the border patrol cops. Most people we talk are often running from the cops. "Christene" has two 'thug sons' and I had a dream their gang came and beat me up....there's a reason we can't tract at night that's for sure.
 
I'm so proud of my family for what they're doing back home. I know that being out here and serving the Lord is capable to bringing blessings back home. James/Jimmy is apparently freakin' famous....wtf.....still feel pretty bad about laughing when he told me hahahaha.
 
I love the church. Christ blows my mind for the love he has for everyone. Imagine talking a close friend of yours' pain and experiencing it all at once. Now imagine the entire world and everyone that has set foot on this earth. Bleeding from every pore is often overlooked. People need to know what this gospel can freakin' do to them!
 
Time for a poem:
Yo what's up I'm in the library.
I miss my tunes including slim shady.
I'm serving the Lord yo like a missionary.
The end.
 
It takes hours to transfer pics/vids on these computer, but some should get home this week sometime I hope.
 
I've heard very briefly of what my friends are doing and who is getting mission calls through my fam. It's awesome to hear what people are doing in their lives!
 
Only one full month of February to go! hahaha
 
I know I'm supposed to be here, and it'll be over before we know it.
 
Thanks everyone for the support!
 
D&C 101:92-94
Jacob 4:7
 
Peace out yo!

No comments: