Thursday, April 4, 2013

[Transfers] Week 8 - Pretty sure it's fractured.


Whaddup erryone!
So transfers are today and neither of us are getting transferred....and since Elder Flint 'dies' in may, it most likely means I'll be staying in good ol' freakin' Deming until the end of June. Oh gosh haha.
This last week was such a good week, we set a new record for lessons in a week, and got 4 new investigators. Many cool miracles and experiences this past week....other than hurting my foot (playing basketball). Pretty sure it's fractured but am seeing a doc. right after this to get it x-rayed...so we'll see...it's probably fractured considering I couldn't walk on it AT ALL the day it happened. Suck. We'll see! Walking around with a boot on freakin' sucks hahah.
Below is the letter Dallin sent me (sister Christy) with the description of how his foot got ran over by a car, which is why it's hurt.  LIES!!!  haha
Send all packages via USPS please :] otherwise I might not get it for weeks....but all is good!
I was on an exchange the other day, and I was bored while my comp. took a short nap, so I wrote a randon rap/poem:
3/21/13 4:08pm:
I'm on an exchange, ho.
With Elder Donaldson, yo.
There's tons of immigrants, ....
But I love this service, bro.
Servin' the Lord, fo sho.
Brother's trial is homo-yo.
He's livin' life rightly, tho.
Because of this gospel,soo..
Let's all shout, AYO!
In front of the freakin' po-po's..
Everyone's from Mexicoo..
They're always puttin' up a show.
because they always say "no!"
Sometimes the work is slow,
Freakin' Deming, New Mexico..
22.5 months to go..
So let's get this show on the road.
Yeah. Whaddup"
hahah yup, haven't changed a whole lot haha.
We had an incredible experience the other day, let me just copy it out of my journal:
"We ran into Todd once at Mcdonald's where he bashed us. Another time I flipped up the curb thing I ran over, then again tonight as we went over to meet w/ Christene. We talked outside for like 20 mins about how he needs help and wanted our church to fund a bbq for poor families. Flint gave him his Easter money and Bro.Hollis gave him $5. After attacking  us a little, his heart changed. He first went on about how our church is a joke after living in Utah w/ mormons in Utah where he had a pretty successful life. 7 months ago he was diagnosed w/ Cerosis of the liver and was given 9 months to live just recently. He showed us his slit wrist and said he tried to kill himself today earlier, when he invited us in his tiny house. He was very emotional and was raised Catholic His gf is still legally married and hasn't been able to divorce yet. Todd spend a little time in jail and his life has been turned upside down. Drinking and smoking lots w/ very little money. It was a very inspired lesson as we covered most of the 1st and said things like "we promise you now, we can help you Todd." Lessons w/ people who are truly struggling are ones I get really attached too. We went over many things over theh hour and half we were there. He's very weak, losing his vision, just lots of problems. Todd said something about his rich Autn who's mormon and wanted to talk to her but we had to google her to get her #. Luckily bro. Hollis pulled out his 'much smarter than our' phone...and we found her #. How often does that happen? Todd called her, and his aunt was saying some very inspired things. Todd told her things we were telling him felt right. She told him to listen to us. WE talked to her too which helped. Todd and Ashely poored their problems out to us, and we did our best. Towards the end of the lesson, we asked if they would liek a blessing and we explained what it was. Ashely's baptist  but had a grandma who got healed from a blessing. Todd said he wanted a healing blessing, and Ashely wanted a comfort blessing. Elder Fllint & I focused on the spirit for who should give the blessing...it was me. The spirit overwhelmed me which you don't realize until after. IN the blessing, it basically said "you willl be healed if you follow this gospel."....pretty remarkable. He said much peace and happiness came over him after and he felt good. That prayer definitely didn't come from me. INsane. They both asked if they could come to church.."

Unfortunately Todd woke up with a ton of blood on his bed, so he had to go to the hospital, but is feeling much better about things now. We hope to get Ashely Divorced, Todd and Ashley married, and then dunk the crap out of them within a month or so. This gospel is soo crazy.

Mail is on hold until this Saturday -_-
On Thursday we got to go brand calfs....it was crazy. We were covered in bloood from us and the calfs haha. We had to tackle them and then pin them down while they were branded. I took down a 150-175 lb one hahah. It was awesome. I'm never living on a farm.
We went to an Easter Egg thing in the city....it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as we though it would be haha. They played a lot of dance songs really loud....it was probably one of the hardest things to not dance hahahah. I miss music so much, but the blessings are worth it.
For our District meeting on Wednesday we made spiritual scones haha it was awesome. Due to our experience with "Ruby" I called up President Killpack and asked if I could show my brother's video to my district, he said it would be a good idea. So I went onto my blog, and showed the video! (Thanks so much Christy, the blog is SO sick :D)
I finally get to drive now....our truck is a piece of crap but get some 2013 Nissan Frontier's in about a month. awe yeah.
I've never seen so many churches, stop signs, barbers, immigrants, cockroaches, Mexi-trucks...welcome to Deming!
Time to go see the doc! Probably will play basketball regardless hahah.
Love you all! :D
-Elder Hales

No comments: