Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 9 - My foot isn't broken.


Whaddup erryboday!!
 
Week 7 in Deming (Dam-ning) is done! It was an awesome week, that's for sure.
First off, my foot isn't broken. I tore a huge muscle and had a ridiculous amount of blood buildup. So I only have the boot for 2-3 weeks!
 
This past week was good, although walking miles in a boot made me hurt, but it was all good as I love to be outside in 80-90 degree weather! My comp. doesn't understand how I like it hahah.
My comp. got influenced (by me) to buy a Monster...so he did...."I want a Monster...I freakin' hate you Elder Hales!" hahaha awesome.
Our 'miracle couple' is progressing! We have a BD for the 4th of May which means we have to get her divorced, them both married, and then dunk them :D They came to general conferrence even though Todd was on lots of drugs, but Todd hasn't had a drink in a week and he's been an alcoholic since he was 9. So crazy. Next we have to get him to quit smoking. They are so kind to us, and things are going so good. In the middle of teaching the 2nd to them... I got crapped on....but besides that....our member who was out with us stopped us in the middle and said "I'm feeling inspired to say that Todd, if you follow this gospel, you will be healed." Which is exactly what the blessing said to him. They are literallly a miracle couple, and we thank our HF for allowing us to be the missionaries to experience this.
Since it was General Conference, I decided to add a few quotes. They are in order of how I feel they have influenced my life:
 
1) "We worked hard to develope talents and desires. We came to mortality with all those capabilities. Those capabilities can be destroyed." - Richard G. Scott.
2) "Use your agency to develope your talents personally. Make a plan for life. Exhort interests in skills. Gain experience. Finish what you begin." - Robert. D. Hales
3) "We are dual-beings." - David A. Bednar
4) "Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you faith is tested, I allow you to lean on me. All things are possible to those that believe." - Jeffrey R. Holland
5) "Bright lights and loud speakers are not the Lord's way." - Bro. Calllister......hahahaha crap. Screwed.
6) "Your families are well, and are in my hands." - President Eyring (D&C)
7) "We will shape the generations born and unborn." - Russel M. Nelson
8) "One person and one family at a time." - Quentin L. Cook
9) "Marriage is a gift of God to us. Quality of our marriage is a gift from us to God." - L.Clayton
10) "No one would knowlingly construct our homes..anchor your life and home to the foundation of Christ." (lifelong goal) - Bro. Dean M. Davies.
 
Many things happened this past week with our District that had to get President involved..we're reps of our Savior, wish everyone acted like that on a mission. Meh.
 
It was awesome to see friends singing in conference hahah.
Being apart of the 65,634 missionaries serving announced in GC is an awesome experience that I'm so grateful to be a part of.
 
There's been new change ups in leadership roles regarding Sisters. They've created a new role, but Zone/District leaders will stay the same. Pretty remarkable. We have 17 Sisters coming in next transfer! Crazy!
 
We always smell like smoke, it sucks.

I got Christy's blog post! hahaha it made me laugh. It's so awesome to receive those! I could spend all my free time reading over them.
Been grateful to have had experiences to where I can handle stress in situations. This mission hasn't stressed me out, but it's all because of the man above.
 
Gosh I want a freakin' Monster.
Love you all, and am grateful for everyone's support/prayers! Keep rockin' what ya'll do....or something.
 
Peace out.
 
-Elder Hales

No comments: