Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 11 - We don't always know when we're acting by the spirit, until after.


Yo Soy Elder Hales (All-layce)
Un poco habla Espanol.

I say that a lot.

What's up everyone!

This week was a freakin' tough one....our landlord's husband passed away...multiple things happened within our District where President got involved, and one of our awesome investigators, Todd, passed away...couldn't believe it.

Todd passed away Saturday afternoon next to Ashely. Todd has had addictions problems and had prescriptions of 3 narcotics including 'Tramadol' which apparently is HIGHLY addictive. Todd took 3 months dose in just 13 days, with alcohol, which killed him. Poor Ashely. Apparently when I was able to give him the healing blessing where it said he'd be healed if he followed the gospel, which he was other than drugs, he would be healed. They went back to the doc. after, and his liver was completely fine....Ashely just told us this yesterday too. Wow. Todd was drug free for about 1.5 weeks and truly wanted to change his life. They were reading, praying, knew this was the true church, he just got some money to pay for his divorce papers, he even called us the other morning at 3:45am crying saying things were too hard and he was depressed. He didn't kill himself intentionally. While  Ashley came to church yesterday and loved it, it was really hard for her. 
On Thursday we went out to Adobe Deli with Todd and Ashley with our ward. I had a feeling to take pictures of us all, so we had the waitress takes lots of pictures of us...now I know why. Ashley came up to me bawling and asking if I could mail those pictures to her because she doesn't have any of Todd and her. We don't always know when we're acting by the spirit until after. 
Ashley moved to Albequerque with her family and is still going to be baptized. That's a different mission, so we'll just mail each other every so often. Other than that, life unfortunately has to move on. It was tough and it felt like losing a friend. We saw them all the time. Ashley is done smoking and drinking and already has a testimony. She was included in a Sacrament prayer and our ward was awesome towards her. Still can't believe it. At times I felt like I was their marriage counselor, and now they're both gone. Todd is now healed and is happy. Humbling experience.

Anways....time to try and brighten up the mood yo.

I went on a split with Elder Smith and went clear down to the Mexico border fence! hahah. No one spoke English down there so it was a time for me to learn a few quick things to say in Espanolaaa. Yeah. So awesome. So many Mexicans.
My family all race the SLC marathon/half marathon this past Saturday....I ran 3 miles. It was so hard since I just got my boot off. The whole time during studying I kept wondering what mile they were on. No idea how it went, but hope no more marathon bombings have happened!!

We've run into a few small town people who are sometimes quick to judgements. Something I've learned is that what some people think you SHOULD be, compared to what God KNOWS you can be, are two completely different views. God knows our potential and our progress, and he knows in certain ways to help us.
A car wreck we helped out with.  No one hurt!!
We've had multiple 'intense' conversations. What was the veil? If as babies we have more remembrance of the pre-mortal life, then does our force the veil upon us with time? God was once a Saviour of a world, so he was a Heavenly Father too. When the counsel in Heaven consisted of Gods discussing the Plan of Salvation, how did it happen if our Heavenly Father had not been the Saviour of a world yet? God created Heaven....so are their multiple heavens from other Gods' creations? Mind=BLOWN.

Also went on a split with Elder Makin since one Elder was sick....it started off by visiting a less active. We said "hey terry!", walked up to his porch, he said "Eff (real world) you, I believe in God and don't want anything to do with you!!" Slammed the door, and went inside....
Just another day in Deming New Mexico.
We often have to schedule certain appointments depending on when and where we want to smell like smoke. We schedule the 'smell like smoke' appointments at night hahah. Drugs be everywhere here.
Dust Storm
There's parts in Deming here where the Border Patrol won't go unless there's backup....we've cover quite a bit of those areas. We know the dangerous parts of town haha. Pretty intense.

Meh.
We leave out NO ONE.

If anyone sends me Monster...I'll drink them...but I won't buy any...hint hint.

Time is up and I have to go help someone with their computer...again.. at the beginning of my mission, someone asked who the 'computer guy' was and all the Elders pointed at me....I barely even knew them at the time....glad my nerdiness is being recognized -_-

While tons of other crap happened which made this past week, all is good. Had an interview with Pres. where it was all good and I'm hoping to train in 3 weeks. We'll see! Good things are to come.

Love ya'll! Thanks for the letters.

Anyone can email me now, friends and family. I have NO time to read stories, so letters are the way to go. But if there's an emergency or whatevs it's:


Thanks everyone.
Love ya'll! :D

Mosiah 14:14-16

No comments: