Wednesday, August 7, 2013

[Transfers] Week 26 - EAST TUCSON

Well I turned SIX yesterday on the mish, it's absolutely insane how fast time is flying by! ...I'm also out of Deming after spending 1/4th of my mission there
I' got transferred too....any guesses?....ya'll suck at guessing......EAST TUCSON :]

Cars. PEOPLE. Buildings. Stores. Life. It's crazy.

This past week was one of the most memorable weeks probably of my entire life. Lots of tears were shed...it was hard no doubt. I felt a good prompting that I was done there, so I was able to say bye to more people. 

Orlando and April and her kids told me I was legitly half black. That's right.
 Orlando and April and her kids. Two of them were gone. This family...wow...so awesome. Miss them a ton. We went over there a ton after Elder Dayley and I felt prompted to go to Sonic one day after our lessons for the day were done. We met these two who invited us over instantly. They are from 'da hood' and have had some sketch things happen to them, but they have felt the blessings from the gospel in their lives and love to read the BOM as a family!



They made me do a duck face... I took a video of them so I'm excited to send that home!
I finished the BOM last week, it was awesome. This past week I felt a prompting to ask a blessing from Brother Sokoloff and Brother Whipple...wasn't sure why since I was very happy with things and felt fine. It was a Father's blessing and it was such an awesome experience. I was wanting to know more knowledge about something I was fasting and praying for (related to mission work right now) and the blessing gave me quite a bit of instruction. Amazing. It also randomly threw in some things about my....family. Blessings are such an incredible thing we have here on the earth. Wow.
Bro. Sokoloff. He is in the Bishop-ric and is such an incredible man. He gave me the blessing before I left.


Brother and Sister Whipple! He stood up for this picture and he can barely stand. So grateful for how much these two helped us.
While on exchanges in the other area, we taught a dude named "Dick" who said he didn't pray and basically didn't believe in God. The lesson was AWESOME and the spirit was there...there was a pause at the end of the lesson, then he just started to say a prayer...it was awesome. He started to tear up. This gospel is incredible.
John. He started living the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity before we had even taught him those. He will be baptized soon enough and told me he'd write me when he is!



The STOCKMAN's! Such a cool family. He played with Josh Turner as a fiddler. He's one of the best in the nation. Bet on it.
So much to write with such little time!!
Christian from the Spanish branch. He is unable to serve because of his turrets and things like that, so he loved to go out with missionaries.



BROTHA QUINTANA! The WML for the Spanish branch. We went over to their place a few times. Man, he and his family rock. He will have two daughters going to the 'U' soon. Woot.

Remember Ashley a former investigator who keeps moving away? Yup! She came back into town! We taught her my last lesson there, and after I said the prayer, I looked up and she had tears rolling down her face....feel bad I was leaving and able to have such a connection with how long I've taught her, but she is in good hands with Elder Allred and Elder Peterson.
Ohhh man.. Brother and Sister Smith. He was our Ward Mission Leader so we worked with him a lot. They supported us like non-other. They are such an awesome family and am going to miss them dearly.



Then we have Brother and Sister Matkin. BOSS. They are some of the nicest people I've met. Going to miss a lot of people.

1Nephi4:6
Moroni8:3
A very creepy building that use to be a cotton place or something.



Brother Mcginnis and his sick family. His wife and baby were in the hospital for a while since the baby was very pre-mature. During a lesson with them, I felt prompted to tell them the baby was going to be completely fine even with the 80% of it having 'downs'. So far the baby is juust fine. He served in Scotland..



This is the Hilton family. He's in the Stake Presidency. They are such an awesome family. I knew their son "Carson" who is now serving on a mish. Such awesome people who make such AWESOME food. Miss them already.

The church is true and I'm so greatly to be serving here now in East Tucson in a bike area. I was talking to another Elder who went home today and he said he had a shotgun pulled on him here once haha. WOAH. We had a zone meeting this morning, our zone is HUGE. It's awesome. 
Our last District meeting of the transfer. Did training on 'obedience'. It was awesome. It was such a blessing to have worked with an awesome district. They are going to keep making Deming explode! They put another set of Sister's in the area after splitting Sister Hale's and Sister Raulinson up. Do work.




One with our ZL's. Yeah.




So grateful for this service and the chance to represent a perfect being. What an opportunity. This church is true and so is the Book of Mormon.
Our last city of rocks trip with our District and Zone Leaders. We decided to try and make an 'album cover' for our future band called "P-DAYZ". Whaddup.



My bro. told me to take an 'awesome pic' with all my comp's....here's the one for Elder Allred and I..

Take care ya'll! :]

-Elder DJ Hales

No comments: