Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Week 27 - I've noticed every transfer sort of has a 'theme' to it.

Man, I'm so close to some of you haha. EAST TUCSON YO.

This past week was pretty crazy. I've learned how much I really like BMW's, talking to random people, and biking. We bike a solid 10-20 miles a day I bet give or take a few, but it's awesome. It's insane how much water you drink...and never use the bathroom...at least I know I'm not diabetic.
The apartment I came too didn't have a whole lot of stuff....you know you're on a mission when you get entertained by incredibly lame stuff.. :D
We found out our Districts last Thursday. Our district is as big as some Zones haha it's sweet. We have two Elders who are American Sign Language Elders, two Spanish Elders, two Spanish Sisters, a set of English Sisters (one of them being one of the new Sister Training Leaders) and then Elder Auva'a and I...a couple of tards. Quite the adjustment from Deming, but man, it rocks.
Me and my awesome comp. Elder Auva'a. He's Samoan and very funny hahah.
The work out here seems to be a little slow, at least the week I came in. Tucson zones are known for having lots of people to teach and having lots of lessons. We didn't teach as many as we'd like, but set ourselves up for a really good week this week. Did quite a bit of finding and have a bunch of potentials for this week. One finding idea you couldn't do a whole lot in Deming is 'street contacting'....self explanatory. You go out, and talk to people on the streets. One lady, Avon, was walking towards us (hehe) so we attacked her....with the spirit. She had headphones in so it takes a little more effort to get their attention...as we approached her, I held up a BOM and started moving my mouth as if I was talking, she took her headphones out, we talked a bunch, and got an appointment! Heck yeah. Quite a few people to talk to on the streets out here in East Tucson, it's pretty dang rad.
After eating dinner with some members, the dad stormed in and said he needed someone to watch his paint and was very stressed out. We watched paint for an hour haha.
Another person we talked to was "Erich." After an appointment fell through because her dad was beaten by a sledgehammer (wtf. Messed.) so we went and knocked a couple houses. The previous Elders had talked to this guy before and he didn't seem interested at the time. We talked to him and apparently his wife passed away a few years ago so he's lonely...often times when people are lonely, they're searching for something more in their life. We talked with him and introduced the BOM to him and then said a prayer at the end. Afterwards, he turned to us and said, "Gentlemen, I think God did this," referring to us coming by. If we rely on the spirit, people will be prepared. 

One of my favorite things is seeing people's reactions to hearing where I'm from. Soon as I say Utah....I often get some *judging vibes* comin' on haha. Then I say I just got done serving in Deming, that also gets a good reaction haha. Goood stuff.
At a ward activity. Woot!
I've noticed every transfer sort of has a 'theme' to it...meaning that the transfer will teach you something to help better prepare you. This transfer, I feel that my faith and obedience will be tried. Not too sure why, but meh. Have felt that I'm going to have to be very obedience this transfer if we want to progress people towards the waters of baptism. Started reading the BOM again highlighting certain things and what not and came acrossed 2Nephi1:19. Pretty boss. 

ASU>UOA


Spiritualness:

D&C 42:61.
Psalms 30:5
2Nephi1:19

-All throughout our evolving lives, 3 things will never change that will allow us to push through. 1) God's love 2) Christ's everlasting sacrifice 3) Guidance from the Holy Ghost. What more do we need?


Well, time is up and we have to go get our laundry and also find a ride so we can shop....crap. The joys of biking haha. 

The church is true yo. What a privilege to serve. 

Thank you again everyone for the support. It rocks this freakin' world.

Love you all! 

Stay real.

No comments: