Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 28 - YOSO. You. Only. SERVE. Once.

YOSO!
You. Only. SERVE. Once...missionaries are clever.

This past week was my 2nd week in good ol Tucson, AZ. Man it's awesome here to be able to just go outside on the streets and talk to people. 
One of our walking days. I don't really like these bikes a ton, but oh man, it's a Beemer.
Today is going to be an 18 hour day...we woke up at 5am to play ball. I wonder if I'll ever like mornings... maybe one day.
My comp's bike was gone when we came out haha. "dude where's your bike?" "....I guess it was stolen. Alwell" hahah
Last Monday my comp's bike was stolen....freak. So we were on foot for most of the week so we walked generally 15 miles a day or so. It was crazy. My comp. didn't lock up his bike and we're keeping them inside at night because bike theft is crazy here even with locks.
We also had a Zone Conference which means 3 zones get together and we have training most of the day until dinner. It was awesome to be with tons of missionaries. Again, something new from Deming haha. Depsite the circumstance we were able to teach more lessons than the previous week. Trust in the Lord is all you can do.
Our Zone! "East Side!" It's the biggest zone in the mission barely. Pretty awesome people.
Missionaries can't wear backpacks anymore haha. It's crazy, we have to get 'Satchel' type things...should be fun riding them on a bike! O_o shouldn't be a problem at all.They want us to look more 'business' like. 

We've been teaching an atheist 'Chelsie' who we have to refer over to the YSA Sisters which sort of sucks because we were excited to teach her, but that isn't what matters. What matters is her progress! We had a really good lesson with her and the spirit was there. We brought a member with us who had been an atheist once upon a time (who reminds me of the dude that lived at my dad's house for a while..) but it was a very good lesson. I've learned one of the most important things about lessons is asking 'inspired questions' meaning questions that you don't think of. It's crazy, if the spirit is there, the questions are too. Questions that just come to you are usually inspired in such an instance. Crazy stuff. This gospel blows my mind....again and again.

My comp. and I have been quoting 'Fat Amy' from Pitch Perfect all week hahaha.. "Uhhhhhhh......ehhhhhhhhhhh" hahaha oh man. So stupidly dumb. :D
A 3 course meal.
I hear the radio playing somewhere.....MUSIC.

You know you're a missionary when you have dreams where your brother in law gets put in jail for stealing your sister's book of mormon hahahaha. I woke up and was like, seriously? Must be a missionary hahah. Don't steal....BOM's.
Multiple people have told me I have an accent...but not a Utahn accent. I hope I didn't pick up a Hispanic-hick accent from Deming haha. Alwell. If you're going to pick up an accent, a mission is the place to do it! :D haha. My comp. has a sweet accent and people have a much better reaction to hear where he's from haha. Samoa FTW. 

The 'Eminem' nickname continues..

I'm very tired. 

D&C 43:11

This past week was good. A missionary spoke yesterday at Stake Conference and said, "There's no growth in your comfort zone, and there's no comfort in your growth zone." Although people's 'comfort zone' may be different, but I thought it was sweet.
Well all is good. Got quite a lot of support from friends and family back home. Thanks to everyone who takes it old school and writes me a letter :D

I keep forgetting to add this, but I made a list of 10 things I learned in Deming.

1) The roles of a missionary, companion, and any sort of leadership position are 3 separate positions under 1 role.
2)Deming is a hell hole for many people.
3)When someone makes an effort for God, Satan is putting forth his best effort.
4)You will never see progress unless you show support.
5)If you want to progress, never be content
6) When our trust in God goes up, our worries go down.
7) Many different ways meth is made.
8) God know's our potential, we don't. We must let him help us.
9) How much I always want a Monster.
10 ) Obedience brings blessings, exactness brings miracles"

There we go! Times up! Thanks family for everything...I'm very tired right now haha holy crap. Love you all! :]

Love you all! 

We'll be on Facebook by the end of the year...anxious to see how that works. We'll have tablets and all that. WOAH. I don't even know what technology is anymore!

-Elder D. Hales

No comments: