Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 52 - My bday was this past week.

I have never been so busy before, and done so little missionary work in our area at the same time. Wow. It was a humbling experience.
Looking over a mine that went out a few years ago.

Wrapping up the week of January and the 2nd week of transfers, blessings were given, many miles were used, miracles happened, and good things learned.

Le' go.

Last Tuesday, the Douglas Elders asked us to go blitz their area that day in hopes to meet a goal for finding. Elder Simpson and I drove an hour to get down there and started our blitz! I went with Elder Hernandez and Elder Slimpson went with Elder Tayler. Elder Hernandez and I were dropped off at an apartment complex. It was PERFECT, because everyone was about to have apartments inspections so they mostly all answered the door. YES! Although I don't speak Spanish, we had good success! Twenty or so doors were probably knocked, and in the end, we were able to find 2 new investigators and 8 potentials! AWESOME. In just under 2 hours, we were able to find a ton of people. There were a few people that only spoke Spanish, but I've had a lot of practice with going on Spanish exchanges. Elder Hernandez told me, "You're really good at not having people if you speak Spanish or not, aren't you?" haha. Let's just say I have lots of facial expressions and nada mucho Espanol. All together, 3 new investigators, and 10 potentials were found in under 2 hours. The Lord blessed us there. The power of fasting and prayer are real.

Another miracle happened on Saturday. President called us and asked us to find a car to give to some Sister missionaries in our zone because one of them is sick and they're on bikes. SURE! We just gave them our truck until they called us back. On Saturday, they found 3 new investigators and had solid lessons. MIRACLE. Elder Simpson and I were talking about how we thought that may have been a test to see how much sacrifice we're willing to do for the zone. Good things happen from making sacrifices. Our Zone found more new investigators last week than I've seen while being here. We're sort of starting over, but there's no where to go but up, and that's where our hope is leading us!

Flashin' back to bikin'!

A Sister missionary told me this once when I was asked to be a District Leader in Deming. She said, "Love you Sisters." It just kind of went by, but it's come to my realization a lot more. We were able to give some blessings to the Sisters in our zone this past week. Struggling with various things. President advised us what to do, and things are good now. If you're hard on yourself, it's because you care. I love being able to give blessings. It's my firm belief that obedience on a mission helps you have clarity in your mind while giving blessings. Pretty sweet. 

Two Elders are currently staying with us because their place is infested with bed bugs. This past week we cleaned out our old apartments (nightmare) and filled two dumpsters up with junk. Man. It took a couple days to get everything done. But our new apartment is nice and new and is much more convenient for us. Soowoo!

Elders that are staying with us. They're studs. Elder Mariluch came out together and were in New Mexico at the same time.

Moving to our new place!

"Don't accept weaknesses within ourselves, but accept them through the Atonement." - Bro. Peterson (LHS seminary teacher)
-Jacob 4:7,13



My bday was this past week. Was able to spend it up in Tucson at a Mission Leader Conference. Sister Killpack being the awesome person she is, had every one sing to me haha. It was great. I got part of it on video, so hopefully it can make it to the blog or youtube or something! After some appointments we went over the McCue family where they....decorated the dinner room, blew up balloons, baked a cake, and invited people over for my bday! It was sooo awesome and I wasn't expecting anything. They have traditions, one of them being to 'bite a corner of the cake and try to make it a circle' so I did....they have no mercy.

The McCue and Braun family! They are so awesome and love missionary work. They're really helping with our progressing investigator Loretta who should get baptized a week from Saturday

Bro. and Sis. Braun!

They have no mercy.

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes, letters, emails. This past week was a good week! Can't believe I'm 20. Someone at MLC asked me how old I was, and I said "I'll be a year next week!" hahah. Kept forgetting it was my real bday. 

Love you all! Hah. Heard Seahawks won the Superbowl....there are a few people I know are probably quite upset haha.

Genesis 45:6-8
Alma 31:31 - patience is definitely a virtue.

-Elder Dallin Hales

No comments: