Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 53 - I found out my grandpa passed away.

Well, regardless that it's been a chaotic past few days do to...a lot of things, the week was an overall good week. Probably our best #'s wise so far this transfer. 

Almost our whole zone last week doing our zone hike!


It started last PDAY right after emailing home. Elder Simpson and I decided to start treating pday's like normal days while out in public - praying for opportunities and what not. After a quick stop to buy some stuff for the zone hike last week, a lady yelled out "Eldderss!!" I looked around (since I was backing my companion) and couldn't see anyone. But then there was this lady in a car who said she had been crying. Well, she was in the middle of making a decision to either go to Houston or Provo. Big change in cities haha. There were things that wanted to her to go to either place, but then she said she'd been looking for a sign and had prayed for one. Then she saw us! :D I wonder what city we reminded her of.....her name is Erica and she wasn't a member. We talked with her for a few minutes and said a prayer with her and that was the last we've heard. 

This morning after faxing. You have to have fun backup somehow!


 "1,2,3, strike a pose!"

We had a Zone Meeting this past Wednesday where we focused on quite a few different things. One of the goals Elder Simpson and I have is to try to use more 'reverent' language, which goes as deep as "awesome, cool, sick" and basically half of my vocab. It sucks. It's hard. Let's just say I'm recognizing it a lot more. My first goal is to use good language in lessons, which is a lot easier than using it while talking to random people. In the Zone Meeting we trained on the 1st vision and the importance of it with helping address concerns. I've learned for me the 1st vision is a setup for a very spiritual moment in the lesson, if we do it by the spirit. While talking about it, I got choked up and emotional....it made me think of what my dad does (defends Joseph Smith). Then we did a roll play to show what we shouldn't do. Then we did a more spirit-driven one where when the 1st vision started, the spirit was so strong. It brought tears to both of us(me being the missionary and Elder Simpson being the investigator). My testimony of the BOM and Heavenly Father's appearance to Jospeh Smith has grown SO MUCH.

Doing service.

While walking to a member's house, a 10 year old named Kendall came up to us and we started talking....turns out they like churches! We asked if their fam was home and we went back and talked to her Sister! We taught them about prayer and they both said one! Although they weren't able to make it to church, we're teaching them tonight! It goes to show the Lord physically will put people on your path. 

Lunch with the Heckman family. They are recently reactivated. We love the Heckman's. Such goofs.

Our apartment has a Sauna.

Elder Simpson and I have been getting along great. We've had quite a few talks regarding our childhoods because he went through very similar things. It's been cool to have been able to relate to someone, which I don't think has happened before. 

A house other missionaries knew who lived here. Oops.

While on exchanges Saturday, Loretta was at the McCue's house where we taught her the Word of Wisdom! Unfortunately, her date was pushed back to Feb. 22 because she wasn't able to make it to church. But she accepted the WOW with no problem and apparently is already living it. PERFECT! When we extended the new BD for Feb. 22, tears were brought to her eyes. I was thinking crap, we made her sad, but apparently that's the day her mom passed away. "She'll be there with me!" Loretta was happy and said, "I'm ready." Wow, she is so solid. People already thinks she's a member. 

Well, time's almost up. Today we're having to do an ET for some missionaries in our zone, but things are good! The past couple days have been nuts with exchanges, but it's settled and the work will go on.

Back on my bike for an exchange!

One last note. President and Sister Killpack feel that if we send out referrals, the Lord will bless us with some! So, they have asked us to send this back home:


"Who do you know who lives in the Arizona Tucson Mission, who would be willing to have the missionaries come and share a message about the Gospel? If a name came to your mind, please send me an email back and I will have two amazing missionaries go visit them. We are excited to invite you to help us find people to teach and we love the idea of having family and friends more involved with our mission."

If you know of anyone that needs physical, spiritual, or whatever kind of help. Email/snail mail me and we'll get some awesome missionaries over there! :]
(Sister Killpack's FB page should have it on there as well).

Yesterday I found out my Grandpa passed away Saturday. Prayers go out to the family. RIP Gramps. Miss you.

Thank you to everyone with letters and support. I love my friends and family. No doubt yo.

Moroni 8:22
Helaman 6:5

Elder Dallin Hales

No comments: