Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 103 - My family has never felt closer than they have in the past two years.

I'm multitasking in the mission office, talking to the senior missionaries, and writing home. Hope this makes sense!

Well the day has come where it's my last email home on the mission. I can't believe it. Next week we'll be bringing in new missionaries and will be at the Gilbert Temple a week from tomorrow. This week is transfer board week and MLC, you bet we'll be busy! President called a new assistant this week whom we're picking him up in a few hours to be with us this week. Along with those, we're eating with the Passey's on Wednesday with Kayla and Kelly!! Holy incredible. The Passey's invited us over to their house on Wednesday to eat with them. We're so excited, and so are Kelly and Kayla. MLC we're training on "Diligent Finding" which will be a great topic for the mission and all the new ZL's and STL's!!
Preparing for MLC. My companion is jacked.
Kelly's baptism went SO good. The program was smooth and our talks went great. Kelly has been smiling for two weeks straight. After I was able to confirm her yesterday in church, she walked down the aisle with a HUGE ol smile on her face. Oh man. I love the gospel. And will miss so many people. The joys of being oblivious to when you're going home...
Kelly's baptism!!!
One of the most prepared people ever!!
An awesome member Ali is always so supportive of anything we do. Our ward is awesome!


"Knock knock." -Elder Teichert
"Yes." - Me
"Kelly's awesome." - Elder Teichert hahah

I don't have a whole lot to write home about other than trying to recap an entire mission.... uhhh... This week will be my last time doing a lot of different things. Interview, MLC, transfer board and calls, emails, teaching lessons as a missionary, the list just goes on. I wish I could stay longer. Things I have been able to learn on my mission have been things that I will never forget in my entire life. I have come to know my Savior more. Why he suffered for us, and the blessings that He brings. I'm sitting here in the office, with many memories running through my head of how God consistently put me on the path of those who were prepared. An Elder earlier today asked, "How do you find all these investigators that are solid?" God has been put me on the path of so many people that not only have they needed to hear the gospel, but us needing to listen to them. I have truly come to know that Joseph Smith truly saw, a pillar of light. I've come to realize how we can share that with anyone we meet. My relationship with God has become so much closer and clear. He really does want to help us in EVERY aspect of our lives. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I would not be here, nor alive, without Him. The chance I've been able to serve has blessed my life. The gospel has strengthened my testimony, and the mission has shaped me. The people to meet on missions, are people that I believe you may have met before. Multiple people have come across us, with that feeling that you know them already. My testimony has grown to know that no matter what people are going through, trials, assault, sin, that the gospel helps them. This gospel truly blesses any family, and I've seen that so far. My family has never felt closer than they have in the past two years. I'm not sure what I did to have an incredible mission, but I've done my best to work hard. I'm grateful to look back (aaand the week that's left :]) and feel comfort that I tried my best. The gospel is true everyone. Shoot. It's true.

Thank you family, friends, random people. You all rock face.
See y'all next week!! :D


-Elder Dallin Jospeh Hales



D&C6:11 And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convince them of the error of their ways.

 Alma29:10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

No comments: