Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 102 - we're so stoked for Kelly's baptism this Sat..!!

Hello there dear world. 

Ether3:26 For he had said unto him in times before, that if he would believe in him that he could show unto him all things—it should be shown unto him; therefore the Lord could not withhold anything from him, for he knew that the Lord could show him all things.

First things first, we're so stoked for Kelly's baptism this Sat at 2!! She came to another baptism along with passing her baptism interview with no problem. We'll finish up her lessons this week and she'll be all ready to be baptized! Kelly asked me to confirm her next Sunday which I 'm honored to do. Kelly has had a crazy past....you would never guess it by meeting her today. The Atonement is true, especially when someone reads the BOM 1.5 times before her baptism. 

Last Tuesday we had a lesson with a registered sex offender....kind of sketch...he did make some strange comments to the Elders, but the Elders did a great job of staying to the point and teaching by the spirit. We talked about it afterwards. The gentleman will have a ways to go, but the Atonement is possible for everyone. 

Another trip we did was up to the Gila Valley to go to district meetings along with see some potential leaders for next transfer! It was a great day up there ad felt good about what happened. I was able to teach a lesson, sort of since it was in spanish, to a guy named Angel who was baptized shortly after I left that area. He's doing great!! Stud.
Angel!
Kayla H is another one of our investigators who is progressing! Although she has a bit of autism, she continues to say that the gospel makes her happy. You can tell when it makes someone happy. She has a difficult time retaining a lot of the information, but we're hoping with time that she can get baptized too.
Eating with the Stevens!! Dallin Stevens will be going to ASU
Friday was our temple trip! Oh how great that was. Holy crap I love the temple. Something I studied was faith and trust. The longer you are on a mission, sometimes missionaries may become a bit "numb" to the miracles that happen around. I learned that when you pray, you are using your faith. When you receive answers, you must trust that those answers will lead you towards good. It has helped me not become numb to God's hand.

Well, this is a bit of a shorter email, and next week will be my last email home. This week we'll begin transfer board and prep for MLC next week. I love this gospel with my whole heart. It has changed me for the better....while still being my tard self.

I love you all! Thank you for everything.

=Elder Hales

No comments: